could be the washing powerder or anything in the nappy or the fabric in general? i couldn;t use them when i was a baby and my son just soaked through them so i didn't find them suitable. i am allergric to alot of materials and powers etc.

Have you tried disposable liners? If it's something in the fabric/detergent etc, that might help.

i would advice maybe getting it checked out allergies can be in certin parts of your body, and because its very close and gets wet its more likely to cause rash or such, the liners can be bought in most places, i wouldn;t advice using anymore material as you are unsure whats causing this, i would talk to your doctor, it might even be thrush, my son had this pretty awful when he was little i thought it was either nappy rash or allergy.

some babies can be allergic to manmade fibre - like fleece and microfibre.
do you have any cotton or bamboo nappies you could try?

on the opposite note so babies feel the moisture more than others so a fleece liner locking the moisture away could help.

obviously don't do both on the same day but both are worth a try.

Have you tried stripping your nappies? It might be a build up of detergent. Wash them without powder, adding a bit of vinegar to the wash, and then just keep on rinsing them until there aren't any bubbles left in the machine. You might be surprised how many times you have to rinse until there aren't any bubbles left, but your nappies will be softer and fresher for it. The other thing is he could be allergic to fleece, so try them without any fleece liner, if you can

i have just started using cloth and the same thing is happening to seren. she had cloth on for a full day and night but by early morning the following day she had bright red rash and a horrible looking blister thing. she had to have rash cream on at every change in disposables or she would get it really bad, but didn't use the cream with the real nappies as i read that it can clog them up and i was hoping she wouldn't get it in real nappies. anyway have bought some fleece liners and am back to using rash cream and he rash seems to be getting better. i tried paper lines but didn't like them, they seemed to get wet and just stick her! i will keep on doing this with her as works for us,
good luck!

I would consider an allergy to either the detergent or to the material. Mild allergies to detergents may not show up elsewhere on the body but babys bottom is very sensitive so it may be there is a mild allergy. I would seriously consider switching to soapnuts as this would eliminate any potential detergent issue.
Material wise, try natural fibres only against the skin (bamboo, cotton) some babies do react to some man manmade fabrics.

Also how long are you leaving each nappy on for? It may be worth changing no longer than 2 hours.
Another thing, are you using PUL lined nappies? Your baby may be an extra sensitive type and using two part nappies with a fleece or wool cover would really help.

soapnuts from www.inasoapnutshell.com

Are your flips organic or staydry? (staydry have a little fold over bit at the end, the organic are one big rectangle you fold in thirds)
All the others have man made fabrics against the skin.

When you stripped them how many rinses did you do?

No 6 should have been fine. In that case Id say its more likely that hes having some sort of reaction to the material against his bum or they arent breathable enough for him
If you can get hold of a Flip Organic or Pop-In Bamboo or Tots Bots bamboozle stretchie they are natural fibres against the skin so could well make a difference. Esp the stretchie with a fleece/wool wrap instead of PUL.

:hugs: hunny. Just out of interest but how much washing powder are you using? it should be only a bit about 1/4 of a scoop. Cloth nappies need changing every 3 hours or so depending on how heavy wetter he is 2 :hugs:

Molly needs changing every 2-3 hours, usually. Could be leaving them on too long, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->