33w+5 measuring 36 !!!!!!!

star4marie

Reaction score
so i just got back from my doctors visit, and I am measuring about 3 weeks ahead! he said that he will see me in 2 weeks to have a sono done.
will this change my due date?
does this just mean im having a big baby?
or maybe i just ate too much? lol

anyone else have this happen to them?

If your talking about fundal height, it doesn't really mean anything. You can measure ahead for many reasons. Babies position, amt of amniotic fluid, bigger baby, baby just had a growth spurt, doctor error, ect. I have been measuring 4cm ahead from day one. I think as long as you are following the growth curve, it is not an issue. There is more of an issue if you are measuring far behind. I think this late in the pregnancy they won't change your due date, it is not acurrate. And it wouldn't change anything anyways, baby will be ready when its ready:)

I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead by growth scans and have been for the past few months but my due date has not been changed.

At my 32 week appt I found out I was measuring 3 weeks ahead at 35. She didn't say anything about changing due date just that we would be having another ultrasound around 37ish weeks to get a estimate on how big baby is. I don't think it's anything to stress over though as was mentioned there could be a number of reasons for measuring larger :) and baby will come when baby wants to come wether out due dates ate off or not. The way I look at it I'm getting another peek at my baby that I normally wouldn't which is exciting to me :flower:

I been measuring 3 weeks ahead for ages now... Had a growth scan and he's exactly the right size they said... Who knows but it certainly doesn't change your date or give any clear indication

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->