34+2 he is 9lb pic too

2ndtimer

Reaction score
i have never gone past 37 weeks all natural spontaneous labour 1 baby 8lb 2oz the other 3 boys were 7lb2oz. Went for my steroid shots and growth scan as I am carrying to much fluid in sac and the estimate his weight to be 9lb 1oz already. I have a rare condition that causes my joints to dislocate if put under to much pressure. I am hoping to go to 36weeks but he could be over 10lb then how will I get him out!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 51
How cute does your baby look! Women can birth 10lb+ baby very easily :)

Beautiful picture!

Don't have much advice but I do know a lady who gave birth to a 10lber and did just fine :)

I know it's done every day but my doctor doesn't think due to ehlors danlos syndrome it would Not be wise to go natural at that size. He genuinely look huge in the scan tho. He was discussing induction at 36 weeks if I don't go myself!! Last 2 babies we 35 weekers xx

Mummy of an over 10lber here, about 3 pushes and not a single stitch so no need to worry about that it's not usually the weight or size that's the problem in difficult births.
Scans can be way off too - although he looks like a chubber - so cute.
Fingers crossed nature takes it's course at the right time for you.
Xx

I have EDS too!! im 37+ weeks and in hosp after a bad hip dislocation. im being induced next week anyway but theyre refusing to do anything for me judt now or speed things along. x

I have EDS too!! im 37+ weeks and in hosp after a bad hip dislocation. im being induced next week anyway but theyre refusing to do anything for me judt now or speed things along. x

I read up lots having dreadful eds and I know my doctor who I swear is my guardian angel has read up to and I am sure it's recommended for ladies with eds to be induced at 36-37 weeks due to pelvic fracture . It's also due to blood vessel swelling during the pushing stages I think. I am totally not worried about birthing him but the damage it will cause my own poor joints and bones for recovery.

Oh wow he is a chubby little one! Such a cute pic :)

Good luck, I hope he comes on the early side but is healthy and strong when he's born. I'm sure he will be!

awww cuteness <3 <3 I wish you the best of luck for the birth hun. Hopefully he does not cause you too much damage <3

I have 'sloppy joints', I know nowhere near as bad as EDS, but I'm still worried about dislocations during labour. A couple of times over the past week or so I swear my hip has been very close to popping out :-(
Also, my family have always have quite big babies - my mum was 11lb 6!

Fingers crossed for both of us that our labours go smoothly :)

Lovely pic! Don't worry about the weight, it's the head circ! My childminder was 4ft 10 and delivered 3 babies all over 10lbs ;)

Sounds like a nice big baby! Must only be me but I can't tell what I am looking at with the picture?

Minties it's a 3d face shot thumb sucking by sideways on.
Xx

Oh thanks, I totally see it now! Doh, I feel silly. He looks so cute!

I was a 10lb 4oz baby and my mom said I was her easiest and fastest baby to birth out of 3 lol. She said she had between 2-3 pushes and I was born she also had no tearing or episiotomy at all. Her recovery was fast because of that as well. Don't be too worried hun babies will always come out one way or another and I'm sure you'll be just fine!!

He is SO adorable btw!! Chubby little cheeks just right for kissing!!

I'm an EDS mummy too. I live in the UK so there tend to be different recomendations (guessing your in the US) but here we're not automatically recomended to induce early just because of EDS, unless there is an extra complication. My 1st was 9lb 15oz, I delivered him with a dislocated hip but not because of the pushing, I was trying to reach the bell to call the midwife and decided to leap across the bed to do so, I tend to think I am more agile than I am :dohh: :haha:. Anyway I couldn't get it back properly, it had been subluxing for weeks so it just didn't want to stay in there. Anyway after birth it was fine and other than that my joints were good. I had physio with my normal therapist and with a prenatal physio, to learn good positions for labour and delivery and what positions could cause trouble for my joints. Obviously an epidural and delivery lying on your back isn't recomended and as induction can increase the odds of needing both early induction wasn't recomended to me by anyone (physio, consultant, MW).
If you have the option of a water birth I would really recommend it. I had one with my 2nd and it really helped my joints. I know a lot of other EDS mums say the same, and it was what my consultant suggested.
Also (I know I've waffled a lot!) but scans can be way off. DS's weight was 2lbs off the weight we were told- the day before he was born. That is one heck of a growth spurt :haha:. And a lot of the EDS mums I've spoken to or been told about say that their bigger babies put less pressure on their joints at delivery as the weigt put pressure on the rigt places and helped the pelvis open up, rather than the pushing spreading the hips or back. Before I got in the water to deliver my DD my joints were in a lot more pain than with my DS and she only weiged 8lb.

I'm an EDS mummy too. I live in the UK so there tend to be different recomendations (guessing your in the US) but here we're not automatically recomended to induce early just because of EDS, unless there is an extra complication. My 1st was 9lb 15oz, I delivered him with a dislocated hip but not because of the pushing, I was trying to reach the bell to call the midwife and decided to leap across the bed to do so, I tend to think I am more agile than I am :dohh: :haha:. Anyway I couldn't get it back properly, it had been subluxing for weeks so it just didn't want to stay in there. Anyway after birth it was fine and other than that my joints were good. I had physio with my normal therapist and with a prenatal physio, to learn good positions for labour and delivery and what positions could cause trouble for my joints. Obviously an epidural and delivery lying on your back isn't recomended and as induction can increase the odds of needing both early induction wasn't recomended to me by anyone (physio, consultant, MW).
If you have the option of a water birth I would really recommend it. I had one with my 2nd and it really helped my joints. I know a lot of other EDS mums say the same, and it was what my consultant suggested.
Also (I know I've waffled a lot!) but scans can be way off. DS's weight was 2lbs off the weight we were told- the day before he was born. That is one heck of a growth spurt :haha:. And a lot of the EDS mums I've spoken to or been told about say that their bigger babies put less pressure on their joints at delivery as the weigt put pressure on the rigt places and helped the pelvis open up, rather than the pushing spreading the hips or back. Before I got in the water to deliver my DD my joints were in a lot more pain than with my DS and she only weiged 8lb.

Thank you I am in Southern Ireland so no water births. My consultants biggest fear is I have had 4 spontaneous births before 37 weeks and super speedy labours. He is worried I would dislocate prior to hospital!!! Last labour I never rang buzzer quick enough. Had baby in ward in 36 seconds. (I was checked 20 mins before and I was 4cm!!! I also bleed very heavily due to eds. I guess time will tell ... I am so super excited tho!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->