34+2. Low water, slow growth & reduced movements?!

Lottieloux

Reaction score
Hi! I commented a few weeks ago around slow growth & reduced movements and basically hospital fobbed me off. Now i am armed with knowledge & i want answers.. Im going to give you a bit off background just wondering if you was in my shoes what would you be wanting & expecting? I have no idea how to put things across. I have aired my worries and concerns.

Slow growth that has been descending since 23weeks. weekly growth scans & Dopplers from 28week.. 34 week scan they noticed baby has dropped dramatically.. and my water is low. 1.3cm. I've had reduced movements for 4days, they given me two doses of streiods injections on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.. Stil having reduced movements.. they're saying they cant do anything untill i've had a scan which is classed as a emergency (apparently) it's not untill tomorrow at 11.30! I will see my consultant after, what can i expect? Im fed up, i'm at the hospital three times a day for a ctg monitoring, which i will maybe have 1 0r two movements if im lucky BUT they say is heart trace looks good and he's not in distress.. I cant sleep, i cant properly eat, im worried 24.7 i have two other children who are picking up on the stress, i never have two minutes at home im always at the hospital it's putting so much strain on my family life, i know as long as baby is safe and happy who cares. It's starting to take it's toll how long can they physically leave me? I am drained, so sorry, i do ramble on!!

It sounds like they're monitoring you vigilantly....are you wondering when they will suggest induction? I imagine at 34 weeks, they want LO to remain inside a little longer as long as it is safe to do so, but I agree that reduced fluid, movement and growth would make me want to monitor VERY closely.

I feel for you; with two other kids at home, this is indeed a trying time. Stay strong, mama :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->