34 Weeks and 1cm dilated....

HopefulMarla

Reaction score
I went to have my regular check up, and had horrible contractions all day. Once I got there the midwife checked me, and I am 1cm dilated, and she said my cervix is reallllly thin. Then sent me down to L&D to be watched for an hour or so to see if I progressed. I was having contractions every 10 mins, and I didn't make any progression. So, they said that he was gonna come when he comes, and that they are thinking I'll at least make it till 36-37 weeks. As of two weeks ago, my cervix was completely closed, and long. Crazy that it changed so quick. Has anyone ever had dilating and contracting like that? If so how long before you delivered? I reallyyyyy wanna make it to 37 weeks

I was 1cm at 34 weeks last pregnancy. I was induced at 36 weeks but was 2cm and 100% effaced at that point. I still wasn't in labor and suspect i would have gone to close to 37 weeks had i not had preeclampsia.

I had a lot of contractions with my first and I would suggest taking things easy if possible to help baby stay longer :)

During a routine check, I was found at 2cm by 35 wks and progressed a cm/week after that until I delivered at 39 wks. I thought for sure I was going to go before 37, but babes come when they feel good and ready! Try not to stress; all is well. :hugs:

I had contractionsand and felt ill like I was going into labour at 36 weeks, I was 3cm dilated but labour didn't start thankfully and I had my LO at 41 weeks :).

I had a consultants appt at 35w with my daughter and mentioned some strong pains. When checking I was also 1cm dilated and the 'tightenings' were showing on the monitor. Was whisked up to L&D for check, had steroids and told it was 50/50 she would be here within 72 hours.

4 days later they sent me home, still pregnant. I carried on with the tightenings etc until my waters broke at 40w!!

Daughter came on her due date, so is possible you will make it to 37w

I was just at L&D the other night.. 1 cm dilated and 50% efaced...
I went home buti have an appointment this morning, so hopefully she checks to see if I progressed..but I know that if I have, it could still be weeks till my baby boy is here.. So I'm not too worried or hopeful...just a waiting game.. I'm 36 weeks, so they told me if he comes, they don't try to stop it.. If I don't have my baby they already have an induction scheduled..which doesn't feel comforting... And it's so far away...

Yeah! I guess my biggest hurdle is trying to figure out what to do about work. I was gonna stay till December first for money. Now it seems like if I keep doing what I'm doing. This baby will come early. Which I don't want, but I don't wanna give up on work yet either

It could really go ether way. I was 1.5cm dilated at 34 weeks with my third baby and had him one week later. However, with my first I got to 4cm before labor actually started at 38 weeks. However, I hope that it goes the second way and you make it to 37 weeks at least!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->