34 weeks and preschooler change in behaviour.

SarTheBear

Phoebe Bear's Mummy! xx
Reaction score
Hi!
Was just wondering if anyone else has noticed a change in their preschoolers behaviour as its getting closer to baby time?
Our 3 year old has become really angry and irritable in the past couple of weeks, I don't know if its because she's just a pain in the bum or if its because she's 3 or maybe because she is being affected by the idea of having a new baby around. She is really happy about it and excited about baby when asked?!?
I just don't know how to react to her behaviour and have just been trying to keep things the same to instil the idea that things will stay the same regardless of baby arriving!!
We've only got 4weeks left to go and it seems to get worse every day! :(
X

I'm also 34 weeks and have a 20 month old. He is generally going through a contrary phase but he will not have his nappy changed without screaming the place down, rolling all over the place, crying and shaking his head.

I haven't noticed it being in connection with the baby though, partly as I'm not sure if he even knows what's going on.

Me! My daughter is also 3 and she's been absolutely horrendous. Since being on mat leave I've swapped her from full time pre school to two days a week and she said this is why she is being naughty as she wants to go back?! I do something with her every day whether it be park, going out for dinner, swimming, play centres anything at all but she still behaved the worst I've ever seen in the supermarket the day before yesterday. My grandma and grandad were with us and my grandma said she had never seen a child behave like that in her life. I thought I was going to cry! She's normally the best behaved child I could ever ask for!

Anyway I downloaded Jo frost toddler book onto my kindle in desperation lol! And I am following her 3 minute naughty step rule after phone calls of support and encouragement off my mum lol! It seems to be working so far! Hoping this is a very short phase for all of us! Xx

Oh I hope so! My LO sat In her bedroom (when sent there for bad behaviour this afternoon) and screamed at the top of her lungs (in a protest/you can't tell me what to do way) for approx 5mins!! I went in after she had stopped and asked her if she felt better and she nodded!! I don't know what to do with her anymore!! Might need to get my supernanny on!! :) x

Haha! Honestly 5minutes would be heavenly! The particular morrisons tantrum lasted the whole time in morrisons (whilst I stood and went about my business ignoring her) then all the way home in the car, and continued in her bedroom!!! All in all it lasted about 45 minutes! Worst 45 minutes of my life I can tell you! Lol!!!

Definitely get your super nanny on! Haha she won't know what's come over you ;) I just keep thinking that when the baby arrives she will be too occupied with him to tantrum!!! Fingers crossed!!!!! 😀 Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->