34 weeks, measuring 37

Fermerswife

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I was at the midwife a few days ago and my fundal height is measuring 3 weeks ahead now (the last 2 times it has been 2 weeks ahead). Anyway the guidance on the chart says if you're above the growth lines then you should be offered a growth scan. As I've had a scan at 27 weeks and all was fine and I passed my glucose test midwife didn't think it was necessary. She also said baby felt a bit big but it was high up in the uterus and there didn't seem to be excess fluid so I was happy enough at the time.

Anyway since then a friend has found out that she has a condition where she has too much amniotic fluid, which was detected during a routine ultrasound. This has got me thinking, am I happy enough to rely on midwife's general impression that everything is ok and normal or should I push for another scan?

I have a scan booked for just over 2 weeks time anyway, it should be ok to wait until then shouldn't it? Has anyone else measured consistently big and all been ok? I don't even think I have a big bump compared to other people's at the same stage!

Thanks in advance!

hi :wave: ive measured consistenly 1-2 weeks ahead the whole time until my last appt at 32 week where i measured 3 weeks ahead. i go back today for my 34 week appt and ifim still measuring ahead then ill be having a scan but midwife said it wouldnt be till 36-37 weeks anyways so i would think your scan you have booked in a couple weeks would be just fine. i think if they were worried they would have booked you in for one right away. :flower:

Thanks proudarmywife, all the best with your appointment today!

I've been measuring about 2 weeks ahead the whole time and getting growth scans to check up on LO (nothing has been wrong, she's just a big baby and my due date might be off). However, when my doc orders the growth scan, she usually says to just get it done sometime in the next few weeks. It's never seemed like something that needed done ASAP (although I like to do it ASAP because it's fun to see my LO! hehe).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->