34w - Spot of blood - worry?

ElizabethK_

Reaction score
So....

I went to the toilet cause well.. um.. (TMI) I had to poop and then afterwards I peed and when I wiped there was a tiny spot of blood on the tp. I phoned my doctor and he said that sometimes because there is a lot of blood down there at this point of the pregnancy - I am 34w 2d pregnant - sometimes you might spot. He also said that if there aren't any other symptoms or pain not to worry but to check it over night and see if I spot again.

My question is, has this happened to any of you? I did calm down a little after my doctor talked to me, but I am kinda worried cause I'm getting lots of braxton hicks these days and I just don't want to go into premature labour....:nope:

One spot wouldn't make me worry at all, especially after a bowel movement because that's quite common. I get spotting all the time, it's nothing.

I do hope that it's only that one spot. I went a little while ago to pee and there was nothing there, so I'm trying not to worry to much....

I had a bright red bleed a few weeks ago, still didn't worry me, later on from the first trimester isolated incidents like that aren't that big a deal. They told me at the time when I got it checked out that unless I had cramping or clots with the bleeding not to worry or come back. There's lots of harmless reasons for it, particularly if it's just one tiny spot on some tissue.

I've hAd spotting off and on entire pregnancy.... Dr told me it's just an irritated cervix, it can happen after sex, bowel movements, physical activities , lifting.... Etc.... Only time to have concern is if it's heavy like a period or bright red.... But a little spot is no biggie ..... Hope that was all you'll see!

Sorry if TMI but do you know where abouts the blood came from? If it was after a bowel movement, could have been from the back if you had been straining?

I've had this before, just keep an eye on it if it happens again. Sounds like it could have been from the back. xx

You can get blood from the cervix after a bm also, if you have an irritated cervix like mentioned or a cervical erosion or something.

Well I don't really know where it came from, certainly not from the back, but my cervix has been a little too sensitive these days so maybe it was just affected by the bowel movement.

No blood since then and doctor is not worried. Baby is also moving around happily so I'll not worry about it any more. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->