34week app and kept in hospital! long

Lamont

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
On monday I went for my routine appointment at the hospital. I wasnt feeling the best as that morning I had been sick and got a nose bleed. So at my app she weighed me, took a urine sample and was taking my blood pressure. She kept asking about headaches and swelling and sore stomach. I had a sore head but I had put it down to not sleeping and being sick. She took my blood pressure and was 140/100 and was told its far too high and they wanted blood samples from me. After this a doctor came in and said I wont be allowed home and will be monitored over night with the possibility of being induced if my bp doesnt come down. At this point I burst into tears I didnt understand what was happening and I certainly didnt want induced at 34 weeks. My husband was working offshore so my mum called him and he was getting next helicopter home. From mid day I was getting regular bp checks, urine samples checked as I had +++ protein. Baby was also getting checked and they were trending his heart rate for an hour at a time.

Husband arrived at the hospital at 11pm and I was feeling fine at this point but my bp was still high. He left and was coming bk at 9am as we were getting a growth scan.

In the morning after a restless sleep me and baby were getting checked over again before we were sent for the scan. It was really worrying knowing that if baby measures too small then id be induced. Well he is measuring small :( hes measuring over a week and a half behind what he should be after being measured large at the 20week scan.

After the doctor hummed and hawed about the results she said that since my bp was stable that morning and baby seems happy she wants to see me twice a week now until baby is born. We have another scan booked for week monday and im praying that hes grown by two weeks!

I then saw a lady who talked through labour options with me and what will happen in an emergency.

Im now home and trying not too stress but with a mum like mine its easier said than done (but thats another story)

Im trying not to worry too much but im scared and want him to stay put until at least 37 weeks! What are tips to keep my bp down? It was the lower number they were concerned with.

Oh, really feel for you! Try not to worry though, baby has brewed a decent amount of time so if you do go into labour, your baby should be fine. But of course, you naturally want the brewing to go on a little longer!

Must've been scary to be told 'sorry, you can't leave, you need to stay overnight' though. I know I'd be scared, especially all on your own!

Thinking of you and hope your baby stays inside for a little longer. But if s/he doesnt, know that it's for the best and s/he is arriving early for a good reason.

:hugs:

At 34 baby will be fine, stressing about him being earlier than the norm won't else matters. You could do with a bp monitor to use at home, they aren't very expensive, and it will give you a better idea of what your real bp is as you will be more relaxed at home. To be honest I'd rather they had induced me as I'd be to stressed about it at home waiting two weeks for another check!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->