35 and TTC #1...been at it for 7 months...would love a buddy!

Tutti

Reaction score
Hi! Feels like it's taking forever to get pregnant! It's something that I've always thought would be no problem once I was ready. But now i'm ready and can't seem to make it happen.

My hubby and I have been trying seriously for about 7 months. My last 3 cycles I was on clomid and last week I when I tested on Thursday I was BFP!!!! :) :happydance: But then a few days later I started having cramps and I started to bleed. I took another test and I was BFN :( :nope:

Anybody have any similar experiences?

Sorry not a similar experience but I would love a buddy! I have been ttc for 6 months! I too thought it would happen very quick! I have waited 10 years to get to this point and nothing! I do have 2 children already! A 12 and almost 10 year old (special needs). I am 34 and OH is 32.

So sorry for your loss!

Sorry to hear that this cycle wasn't successful for you. It must be very difficult to get that BFP only to have it change.

I'd love a TTC buddy too! I'm 34 (35 in July) and am finally at the right place in my life to have a baby. It took me forever to get here! I've been off the pill for 3 months and have been trying each of those months. We're keeping our fingers crossed that it will be sooner rather then later as we'd like more then one child!

Hi girls,
I am 33 and have been trying for last 10 months, have had 2 m/c in that time and am trying so hard for a 3rd time sticky :) I would love some buddies to talk to through the month, as lovely as my OH is he is a man and doesnt really understand it all that well lol! I am on CD2 today :) xxx

Yahhhhh buddies:) As crappy as it is to keep seeing those BFN's, its nice to feel like i'm not alone.

I'm on CD 13 and should be ovulating in the next few days if my cycle didn't get screwed up after my chemical a few weeks ago. I'm going to try softcups this cycle. Seems like a lot of women in this form have had success. Have any of you you tried them?

So sorry for your losses annmariecrisp :(

Lotusflower - I know exactly how you feel. DH and I wanted to wait until we were in a good place in our lives before starting to ttc. Now I wish that we were more reckless!

Mom22boys - I wish you tons of luck on ttc#3!

I would love some buddies! I'm 38, been TTC in earnest for 5 months, was NTNP for 9 months before that, with no luck so far. So sorry for you losses Tutti and Annmariecrisp :hugs: I had an accidental pg 5 years ago. 4 days after I found out I was pg, I miscarried at approx 5+5.

mom22boys - I too thought it would happen quickly! For years I've been working so hard to prevent. One time I was really careless and got pg, now I can't make it happen!

lotusflower - I understand, I've only been in the right place to have kids for the last year.

Babydust to you all! :dust:

Tutti - Sorry I haven't tried softcups, but I have read on here about people finding success with them. I think anything that seems reasonable to us is worth a try.

mom22boys - Let's hope your wait for #3 isn't much longer!

AnnMarie - I completely agree with needing other women who are going through the same thing. My OH and I communicate really well with each other but I know he's getting a little tired of the TTC talk. I try not to obsess but there have been so many things that I've needed to talk about, worries about things that are hard to know if they're actually justifiable things to be worried about... it's just me trying to cover all the bases and to do everything I can to help with getting that BFP.

Lyvid - sorry for your loss and Welcome

I'm on CD 7 right now. I've had a lot of spotting before my periods (2 to 3 days worth) and my luteal phase has been only about 8 days so this month I'm taking a B50 complex because I read on here that for some women it helps to lengthen the LP. I'm also going to be starting physio next week as my pelvis (core too) is quite weak.. ovulation time is VERY uncomfortable for me and my doctor has recommended this. I think it's a great idea, particularly because it will help me down the road when pregnant.

How is everyone's week going?

Welcome Lyvid! So sorry for your losses.

Lotusflower - that's interesting that strengthing your pelvis and core would help with your discomfort during ovulation. What kind of discomfort do you have?

If anybody is interested, I started using softcups. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Happy Sunday!

I'm interesting in knowing how the softcups go. Keep us posted.

For me, during ovulation I have this really full feeling that lasts for 3 days. It's low in my pelvis and just makes me feel disgusting.. like don't want to DTD on those days. My doctor examined me and poked around a bit and because of the pain I felt in certain areas that's the conclusion she came up with.. pelvic weakness. And when I was on the pill I hadn't felt this before at all. Anyway, Wednesday I go for my first physio appointment so will know more then. I doubt this will help get pregnant, but once I do, having more strength there will make pregnancy a lot more comfortable!

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend!

Hi Girls,
Sorry in the slow response but have had no internet this weekend as it had a fault! I have had a lovely weekend but a strange one too, I came on to my OH and he turned me down!! 3 times over the weekend!! not sure what to make of it! I asked him outright after the 3 time if there was anything up and he said that I've got him for the rest of my life and that it shouldn't matter? Should it matter or am i getting hormonal! Bloody men!
Anyway rant over......thank you all for your condolences' it has been tough but we are still plugging away! I am taking Soy for the first time this cycle to see if it makes any difference, the only side affect I'm having is feeling horny lol! which hasn't been good for me this weekend! typical!! I have taken them for the last 4 days and have one more day left!
I have been on a diet for the last 2 months and yesterday hit my 2nd goal and have lost in total now 33lb's!! which I hope will have a positive affect on our chance of conceiving! bit bored of it now though if truth be known, but onwards and upwards I suppose!
Where do you girls live? and how long have you been with your OH's?
I live in East Sussex, UK and have been with Brad (OH) for 18 months....I know not that long but he asked me if I would like to start ttc and I said I'd love to, he's the one I want to be with forever so I don't think it matters that we haven't been together that long?
Well hopefully we'll speak soon and have a great day everyone :) :) xxxx

How is everyone?

I have never tried softcups? How is it going using them?

I'm good thanks, getting ready for a mammoth bd session at the weekend....I've told OH to be ready!!:wohoo:
Have been doing the domestic goddess :dishes: thing today so the house is lovely for OH when he gets home from work.....I have got an operation on my back on friday as I have a slipped disc and it has been bothering me for 4 months so am going to have an epidural with some pain killers to ease the pain. I'm going to be a contestant on the new TV show Red or Black (Ant and Dec hosting, the new Simon Cowell show) on Sunday so am looking forward to that! So lots going on this weekend! I'm having a scan on tuesday next week just to check that all my bits are working properly and to check there is nothing stopping me ttc xxx
How's everyone on here? xxx

Hi everybody! I've used softcups after 3 of my last bd sessions with dh. Seems to work well at keeping all the spermies in there. I still have a week before testing so don't know how well they work yet. I'll def let you know!

Annmarie - wow!! Busy weekend coming up! Good luck with the bd, game show and tests.

I think this week before testing is the worst. Lots of anticipation but hoping not to see the usual negative result. Anybody going to be testing next week?

Hi tutti,
Yeah a busy weekend lined up.....thanks for the good luck! I have never heard of soft cups until recently on here, I don't ov for another 5 days so no not testing as soon as a weeks time but I'm here for you for when you do if you need someone to talk to xxx:flower:

Sorry so MIA!

Wow Annmarie, what a weekend you have planned! Hope the back pain has eased :hugs: Have a great time on the game show! Is it one where you can win some great prizes? We don't have it here in the U.S. as far as I know.

Tutti, I used softcups last month and this month. TMI warning, it's so nice if we decide to BD early when DH gets home from work and I don't have to worry about leakage! LOL! Hoping second time using them is the charm for me. FYI Mom22, I do find them a little uncomfortable to insert and remove but that's because my cervix is oddly sensitive but once it's in there I completely forget about it for hours.

DH and I just got done with BDing for this cycle (well the serious kind anyway! :winkwink: ) I used OPK's for the first time this month and I think it was a good thing. FX'd and on the the 2WW now.

:dust: to you all!

Hi Girls,

Sorry for dropping out of sight for a while. I'm a teacher and this time of year is always crazy with report cards, finishing off curriculum (they've learned everything from me they can as school ends Monday) and making time for my personal life too. So how is everyone? I'm doing well.. actually better then that. I've got great news, this morning I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive!!!!! I'm so glad summer vacation is just about here as I need some time to adjust to things and it'll be easier being away from school to do that! So how is everyone else doing?

Hi Girls,

Sorry for dropping out of sight for a while. I'm a teacher and this time of year is always crazy with report cards, finishing off curriculum (they've learned everything from me they can as school ends Monday) and making time for my personal life too. So how is everyone? I'm doing well.. actually better then that. I've got great news, this morning I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive!!!!! I'm so glad summer vacation is just about here as I need some time to adjust to things and it'll be easier being away from school to do that! So how is everyone else doing?

OMG! That's awesome news congrats on your BFP xxxx I hope I get mine one day soon :) xxx

hi guys
I'm 34 and came off the pill 7 months ago. i've always been really regular until this month. my af was due on tuesday & so i spent the last 4 days imagining all kinds of pg symptoms despite the neg tests (i just assumed it was too early) until she showed up today!! I know 7 months is'nt a long time but it sure feels like it doesn't it????

hi guys
I'm 34 and came off the pill 7 months ago. i've always been really regular until this month. my af was due on tuesday & so i spent the last 4 days imagining all kinds of pg symptoms despite the neg tests (i just assumed it was too early) until she showed up today!! I know 7 months is'nt a long time but it sure feels like it doesn't it????

Sam thing for me this month :( I have ttc for 10 months and it seems like an age! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->