35 weeks and 2cm dilated - what should I expect??

MissAnnabelle

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I am 35 weeks today and at the ob's this morning she said that I am 2cm dilated and fully effaced and engaged. The Dr. said that I should stay off of my feet until 37 weeks and come in for weekly checks.

What should I expect? Could I deliver this early, or could I stay this way for a while? She did say to meet the other Dr. in case I deliver this weekend because she will be out of town. Is there anyway that I could still deliver in 5 weeks? I am not having and contractions or anything yet.

Not sure what to expect and hoping that someone has a similar situation or advice to share.

At 36 weeks with DD, I was 2 cm dilated (but only 60% effaced) and I lasted until 38+3 before going into labor. So you just never know... Good luck, though! :thumbup:

Yeah I've heard similar stories of women walking around for a couple weeks dilated and effaced. Do what you can to keep that baby in for a few more weeks!!

Thanks :) I hope she stays in until 37 weeks at least. Her due date is my DH's birthday, so I was hoping it was going to be close to then, but as long as she is healthy when she comes I am happy.

Was this a surprise when they told you? How have you been feeling?

You haven't had cramps or anything? I would just rest as much as you can and you and your little one will be fine. Best of luck!

Stalking!

Wow that must be quite an uncomfortable feeling with her being so head down. Do you have a lot of pressure. My baby is head down but not engaged and I can feel her head pressing on my cervix and constantly need a wee!

Hang on in there, and try and take it easy for the next couple of weeks :)

Hey ladies,

I am 35 weeks today and at the ob's this morning she said that I am 2cm dilated and fully effaced and engaged. The Dr. said that I should stay off of my feet until 37 weeks and come in for weekly checks.

What should I expect? Could I deliver this early, or could I stay this way for a while? She did say to meet the other Dr. in case I deliver this weekend because she will be out of town. Is there anyway that I could still deliver in 5 weeks? I am not having and contractions or anything yet.

Not sure what to expect and hoping that someone has a similar situation or advice to share.

I was 32 weeks 4 cm dil and 90 effaced......i was on bedrest too....

i lasted that way till nearly a bit over 36 weeks...so it can be done as long as you stay off your feet except to use the bathroom...do you feel comfy letting someone bath you.....because i had to lose that dignity to keep my bubs in....my x hubby sponge bathed me in bed so i wouldnt get up more then i had too...

kept my legs elevated as well...i was in such a weird position...lol

With DD I had pretty strong contractions at 36 weeks, I got checked and was 3cm dilated and my cervix was soft and flat. I was told LO could come at any time. I took it easy for a few days, I stayed home with DS and left the housework to DH. But after 37 weeks I just carried on as normal and DD came at 41 weeks :). Hopefully your LO hangs on a while longer for you :)

I have been feeling fine, just pressure when I am on my feet for a while and discomfort/cramping at night. No contractions or anything like that. She was surprised when she told me. I'm glad she caught it because now I will for sure stay off my feet and take it easy. I feel totally fine, so maybe she will just stay put for a while. It's comforting to know that you girls still carried for another 4 weeks. I could use another 4 weeks of good nights sleep's before she comes and she can just keep growing.

I have been feeling fine, just pressure when I am on my feet for a while and discomfort/cramping at night. No contractions or anything like that. She was surprised when she told me. I'm glad she caught it because now I will for sure stay off my feet and take it easy. I feel totally fine, so maybe she will just stay put for a while. It's comforting to know that you girls still carried for another 4 weeks. I could use another 4 weeks of good nights sleep's before she comes and she can just keep growing.

makes sure you keep up with your water cause right now your BH can turn into more because your situation....and you want your bun in your over for at least another week or two

xx

I've been 3cm and 50% effaced since at least 35 weeks (that was my first check). I have another check tomorrow at 37 but last week at 36 I was still the same.

Given that you're fully effaced I would stay off your feet as much as possible. Good luck xx

Given that you're fully effaced I would stay off your feet as much as possible. Good luck xx

I agree, I would put myself on bedrest till at least 36 or even 37 weeks to take the pressure off your cervix.

At 34 Weeks I was 4cm dilated with bulging membranes, st 35+5 (I think, its pretty blurry now) my waters broke and my daughter arrived healthy at 36 Weeks exactly :) when you think early labour is imminent, every day your baba stays in counts :)

I went back to the Dr. today and there is no change, so it isn't progressing. I think I just got really freaked out, but I guess it is pretty common. I feel a lot better now and think that she will stay put for a while. I will def. take it easy until 37 weeks, then hopefully can go for my usual walks and things. Thanks everyone for all of the great advice and for sharing your expeiriences :)

Why do you ladies get your cervix checked so early? I thought the checks could end up starting contractions?

Why do you ladies get your cervix checked so early? I thought the checks could end up starting contractions?

well i had preterm labor with all my pregnancies since 4 months so they need to make sure Im closed and stay closed and that if there is any progression to keep an eye on it.....

im guessing there is a problem with these other ladies so they NEED to get it looked at, if you miss it you could end up having a baby earlier when you could have prevented it...''

people just dont get checked for no reason

I had to go to triage at 35 weeks and was told I was going to deliver so they checked to see where I was. My ob would start normally at 36 anyways.

well i had preterm labor with all my pregnancies since 4 months so they need to make sure Im closed and stay closed and that if there is any progression to keep an eye on it.....

im guessing there is a problem with these other ladies so they NEED to get it looked at, if you miss it you could end up having a baby earlier when you could have prevented it...''

people just dont get checked for no reason

Oh I see.. I was just curious. I never had any 'manual' checks last pregnancy at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->