35 weeks and feeling breathless

GlitterStar

Reaction score
Hey guys not been on in a while I’m 35 weeks and I’m always short of breath and dizzy baby is weighing big due to my diabetes he was over 6lb at my last scan last week at 34 weeks. I don’t have a big frame and my ribs are on fire and feel bruised anyone else feel like this? Should I phone the midwife about it. I can’t get comfy no matter what I do the pain is horrendous :/

Hey hun,I hope ur finding something to ease the discomfort abit,not long to go now.with my last the breathlessness started at 11wks and by 20wks I would be crawling up the stairs and it would take me about 5mins to get to the top and it would sound like I’d down a marathon.i also ended up with a broken rib from the pressure and the coughing that the breathing would cause,the only advice I got was “unless u feel like u can’t go another second we would really suggest getting to 37wks for the safety of baby” I struggled but the second he was out,the coughing/wheezing breathlessness and pain was gone,like it was a miracle in seconds,best of luck with everything xx

I would def. call just to make sure, especially because you feel dizzy too. I have a short torso and with my first 2 pregnancies I had shortness of breath in the 3rd trimester. This time hasn’t been as bad because he sits low, but I have worse pelvic pain...not sure which is worse. It went away as soon as both of them were born. If I laid down with my legs straight it would ease and if you can float in a pool or take a bath helps relieve some pressure.

I would call your midwife just to get checked and be on the safe side :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->