35 weeks with breech number 3!

molly85

newborn, toddler & dog
Reaction score
Any ideas on likelihood of him turning by himself?
If not has anyone had an ECV? When did they do it and how successful are they?

Thanks

I would say that if this is your 3rd breech baby then there is probably a reason they prefer to remain head up! I think at 35 weeks the likelihood of him turning by himself is perhaps slim. I was offered a ECV at 42 weeks as my baby was undiagosed breech until a scan before induction! They said that turning the baby so late may have distressed her quite a lot and might have ended in an emergency cs but I guess your baby isn't overdue yet. Did you manage to get your other 2 to turn?

Went in with contractions and loose bum so obviously typed badly this is my first breach my daughter was tiny at 5lb10 and would have slid out which ever way up. Our son as an awful engaged but didn't do to bad at just under 7lb head first. So not a clue why he likes my ribs so much. I'm also in lots of pain and sick so not happy as hospital sent me home without even touching the pain on my 2 visit of the day

My first turned at 35 weeks, my second felt breech at 36 weeks and I had a lot of pain so was sent to hospital but scan showed she was head down but every time they palpated they were convinced she was breech, even in labour but she wasn't.

The midwives shouldn't really palpate for positioning seriously until 36 weeks and if you're breech at 37 then they will send you for a scan to double check and take it from there. I don't think ECV is offered until 38weeks, and a cesarean isn't considered until 39 weeks iirc from when I asked.

I personally would refuse ECV from what I've heard/read about them. I've had 2 home births and would consider a cesarean my worst nightmare but would elect for one over ECV when it came down to it, and it's a conversation I've had with midwives and my husband in the past (due to the circumstances I mentioned) and they were in agreement.

I would suggest going on the Spinning Babies website for tips. I spent a lot of time in the ironing board position and this time round baby is still very active and lying in transverse quite often and I intend to spend a lot of time swimming when I finish work in a couple of weeks to try and encourage baby into the right position.

I've only once gad scan with him head down he doesn't seem to be a mover yesterday was a portable scanner so did the basic job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->