35 wks Preg, Toddler &...Bedbugs!!

kazzywazzy

Reaction score
I cant believe this is happening!! A couple of days ago we discovered a few bedbugs on our mattress cover :nope:
At first we thought we could eradicate the problem with some extra cleaning, but yesterday I went in my wardrobe and found one sitting on my jeans! We now realise we cant clear this by ourselves and have called Rentokil to come and fumigate tomorrow. The fumigation is done 3 times over 3 weeks, as the fumigation does not kill the eggs so they need to revisit to kill the hatched eggs.
My doctor has said I am likely to deliver early again (as I did last time). So not only will the fumigation be done when I am pregnant but its also likely to still be going on when the baby arrives. I was sleeping reasonably well till now, but now I am just worried sick.
Our family and most of our friends are back in the UK, so its not possible to stay with someone temporarily while the treatment happens.

The pest company have said its ok to re-enter the apartment after 4 hours, but we have booked into a hotel tomorrow night, so I will be out of the apartment for almost 24 hours before re-enterting. DH is going to go back after 4 hours and open some windows.

Has anyone else been in this situation when pregnant or with a newborn? How long did you stay out of the property each time? Any advice please ladies :flower: Thank you x

PS - sorry for the long post!

We had bed bugs when jack was born, its horrible and I really sympathise. Creepy horrid little blighters they are!
We didn't move out, he did the bedroom as we slept downstairs for 8 weeks! I didn't want to sleep in the bed with a newborn and my OH worked nights. I was too scared :cry:
Don't transfer anything from the bedroom to any other room! They spread like wildfire!

On a positive note once rentokil came and zapped them we haven't seen any since *touch wood!

Thanks Kaths101! Glad those horrible bedbugs have stayed away from you!

Rentokil have been and sprayed our bedroom, hoping that's going to be enough to keep the creepies at bay. Sleeping in our old bedroom does not appeal at the moment so have moved into spare room. Bubba will sleep in the spare room with us when they arrive. So thankful we have somewhere else to sleep till we work up the courage to go back in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->