General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

So I don’t even know what “TIL” stands for but that is certainly interesting about the “c word”. Wow, that used to be like the ultimate insult. So I know slang has always been a thing but good God how does your generation have so much?! I can’t begin to keep up. I can only assume it directly correlates with social media access.

Shae if he passes the test, how long is training?

That sounds so sweet about you and your sis! I’m excited that the kids will all be old enough to understand what’s happening. Ds1 kind of “got it” with ds2, but he was delayed and it was hard to tell how much he understood. Once the baby was here though, he was very good with him…but honestly it’s hard for me to remember those early days. Ds3 was less than 2 years later and also I honestly can’t remember anyone’s reaction. Ds2 would have been way too young anyway. So yeah this time should be fun!

We have a family gathering today and if the mood is right, we’ll be telling hubby’s side of the family. None of them know yet, but they’ll almost all be there today so it would be convenient if nothing else. As an aside this will be the first time since ds1 that I’ll be pregnant solo. For ds2, SIL got pregnant with our kids being about 20 weeks apart. My ds3 and her ds2 are about 2 weeks apart! I was early too, so we very well may have had near the same due date (but she was never sure because hers wasn’t planned and she didn’t know when she conceived).

That was a lot of rambling, sorry!
Speaking of coffee, I need some. Had horrible sleep yet again and the new addition of a horribly painful headache . I tried to wait it out but the pain was so bad I couldn’t sleep through it. Thank God tylenol took the edge off. But I’ve also been battling nausea…week 8 comin in hot

I’m torn about bringing the dog back to the humane society on tuesday. They didnt have an appointment for 1 week so now its a total of 3 weeks and we’ve built more relationship with her. Doesnt change that it’s so much to take on and my 3 yr old doesnt listen about being gentle. He’s the type of boy who packs his own parachute and shoots himself out of a canon. He’s some dog’s boy in a yr or 2 but i think from a puppy age. Still hard having gotten excited about the dog, then need to take her back, then excited about a baby, then torn down again.
I told my son he can pick his puppy when he shows he’s gentle with chickens. He’s mostly been raised with sheep so he literally stomps around a lot. He loved interacting with the rams. He thought their stomps were being playful. Lmao. Sorry i bombed the thread.

Wow @gigglebox week 8! Geez it seems to be happening fast! Maybe not for you with the ailments. Exciting to tell your family in person at the same time. I was excited for this to be a pregnancy because my parents are flying in for a visit. I rarely get to share life with them in person.

I haven’t a clue what TIL means either. I agree about too much slang. Haha!

Last edited:
Bombard away!! The excessive chattiness in this thread is why I love it so much. Aww that is too bad about the pup, especially with bonding more :( could you possibly foster it while it finds a new home rather than returning it to the shelter? Might be a gentler way to go for your family and the dog. But trust me I also understand the need to just get the added stress out asap!

I’m really sorry about the confusing tests recently. I hope you can get some answers with the additional bloodwork. If you do end up bleeding I wouldn’t rule out a chemical though.

Actually Shae what is a normal non-pregnant hcg level? Half got a 5.6 blood draw. Some say <7 isn’t considered pregnant but I always thought it was <5…? I’m still hoping it’s just super early for you :hugs:

And yes this has flown by and that’s scary in a way! I’m “only” 8 weeks but I’ve already known for a whole month (it feels like it’s only been 2 weeks), and I only have about 30-ish weeks left of being pregnant at most (planned c section). I know this pregnancy is going to fly by! It already is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->