36+3, no dilation yet :(

wlovew

Reaction score
I went today for my group-B strep test and they also did a pap smear and checked to see if my cervix has begun to dilate yet. Unfortunately it's sealed shut still....waaaaaah!! When did you other mamas' cervix start to dilate? I have a birth ball that I've been sitting/rolling/bouncing on. If it wasn't 90-100 degrees or higher here every damn day then I'd be out walking!!!! I really hate the thought of going over 40 weeks, I am already miserable!!!! I drink Third Trimester Tea every evening. Any advice to get this show on the road!?!? lol

I know it's probably not what you wanna hear.
With me anyhow, My cervix didn't dilate or efface until in labor with both kids. With both, had checks and attempted failed sweeps cause my cervix was so high up and closed shut. I bounced and tried everything, nothing really worked.
But went into labor naturally with both before Edd.

hang in there :hugs:
I envyed the women who dilated a bit before actual labor :haha:

Dilation isn't a very good indicator of when you might go into labour. All it tells you is what your cervix is doing NOW. It doesn't tell you anything about what it would be doing tomorrow, in a week, in a month.
You're so early anyway to worrying about dilation. It can all change overnight. A woman can walk around at 3cm for weeks or go from completely closed to full blown labour in hours.

I would try and just forget about it.

I didn't start until i was in labour with all 3 except i was about 1cm 5 days over due with my 3rd when the mw attempted to do a sweep.

I don't think it means much. I was less than 1cm dilated the day before my son was born. The midwife tried to do a sweep but she wasn't able to x

I was 2cm the day of my sweep (a Wednesday) then slow dilation finally had my lb on the Sunday. I agree dilation isn't the best test to how long til baby arrives

Closed shut or 2\3cms, both are pretty much zero indicators of when labour will happen. At 36 weeks its not something to worry about. In the UK you usually don't get to find out anything about dilation until you get a sweep if you go over. It's the hardest waiting game ever though I know!!

At 36+3, i was not dilated at all, no effacement. Everything was up high and closed tight as can be.

Then, a week later I mentioned having BH so they checked again. I was at 3cm, 90% effacement and -2 station. The doc sent me straight to L&D. They checked and said I was 3cm, 70%, and -1 and sent me home unless more stuff started happening. That was last Friday.

Now, 5 days later, baby is still I there snug as a bug. I have an appointment Friday which they said they didn't expect me to make. The doctor also said she expected me to have a baby in my arms by the end of the weekend... But baby is still giving me kicks and rolls from the inside of my womb.

Doctor doesn't think ill make it to Friday,but looks to me like I will be there Friday morning with legs in the air so they can see what is happening again. I'll be 38+3 then.

OK, thanks everyone! I will just keep doin' what I'm doin'! I know the chance of going late for me is SUPER high anyway, this being my first baby! She will come when she's good and ready...but the sooner the better, Vivi, mommy can't F'ing sleep anymore!!!!!!! Shooting pain in my thigh when I lay on my left side, cramped ass cheek if I lay on my right. I'M OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're only 36 weeks, you shouldn't be worrying about dilation at this point. It seems odd to me that a doctor would even check without there being a valid concern.

And like others have said, even if you were, say 3 cm dilated you could still go over your due date. Which, due dates are only an estimation, so don't stress about making it to "x" date.

Just do your best to relax and enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy, because I guarantee you that as soon as it's over you're going to miss it and wish you had cherished the last moments you had your baby all to yourself.

You're only 36 weeks, you shouldn't be worrying about dilation at this point. It seems odd to me that a doctor would even check without there being a valid concern.

And like others have said, even if you were, say 3 cm dilated you could still go over your due date. Which, due dates are only an estimation, so don't stress about making it to "x" date.

Just do your best to relax and enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy, because I guarantee you that as soon as it's over you're going to miss it and wish you had cherished the last moments you had your baby all to yourself.

Only reason I'm even thinking about dilation is because several of my "prego buddies" have already been checked (we are all around the same due date) and they're all dilated! Doc mentioned that they'd check me at 36 weeks WEEKS ago. All I know is I'm DONE being pregnant, I am so uncomfortable and can't sleep anymore due to pains and I'm just ready for baby! I'm a single mom so I'll get baby all to myself ALL THE TIME :winkwink: :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->