36 - trying for first time

2have4kids...welcome to the site, glad you have ya here. I'm still somewhat new to the ttc community and don't understand all the logos. What does high fsh mean? I don't monitor my temp but I do use ovulation test kits.
We go next week for the results of the blood work and the SA, and I think the doc is going to suggest IUI and maybe clomid. My sonohystergram came back clear(which i was overjoyed about).
Since your on clomid, what side effects are you having and anything you've done to counter act them? I have very little cm to begin with and I did hear that clomid does take away the cm for most women.
I also wanted to know what the IUI was like and the what your cost was? Kinda give me an idea so I know what to expect.
I saw your diagnosis was ovarian depletion...If your ok with explaining, I'd like to know what that means. The doc looked at my ovaries and saw 8 follies on the left side and 4 follies on the right. Said the left side does most of the work but both sides are working.
Your the first one I've talked to that has been thru an IUI recently so it's nice to talk to someone that has been thru it.
Oh and thanks for the advice on the veins. I have to say I was proud of myself when she was drawing blood. I used to be unbelievably scared of needles and although I wasn't enjoying myself, I wasn't as freaked out as I thought I would be. The non-existent veins are an issue, so thanks for the advice on how to make them appear. I will definitely try that next time.
Keep us posted with your TWW....good luck!!!

2have4kids...welcome to the site, glad you have ya here. I'm still somewhat new to the ttc community and don't understand all the logos. What does high fsh mean? I don't monitor my temp but I do use ovulation test kits.
We go next week for the results of the blood work and the SA, and I think the doc is going to suggest IUI and maybe clomid. My sonohystergram came back clear(which i was overjoyed about).
Since your on clomid, what side effects are you having and anything you've done to counter act them? I have very little cm to begin with and I did hear that clomid does take away the cm for most women.
I also wanted to know what the IUI was like and the what your cost was? Kinda give me an idea so I know what to expect.
I saw your diagnosis was ovarian depletion...If your ok with explaining, I'd like to know what that means. The doc looked at my ovaries and saw 8 follies on the left side and 4 follies on the right. Said the left side does most of the work but both sides are working.
Your the first one I've talked to that has been thru an IUI recently so it's nice to talk to someone that has been thru it.
Oh and thanks for the advice on the veins. I have to say I was proud of myself when she was drawing blood. I used to be unbelievably scared of needles and although I wasn't enjoying myself, I wasn't as freaked out as I thought I would be. The non-existent veins are an issue, so thanks for the advice on how to make them appear. I will definitely try that next time.
Keep us posted with your TWW....good luck!!!

Hi Texas, before they wrote their regiment for me they put me through all the tests, day 3 bloodwork for estrogen/fsh levels tells them how hard your body is working at pumping out eggs every month. It increases as we age *both fsh and estrogen. You know suzanne somers? She believes that the high estrogen puts us at risk for cancer and a bunch of other things, so she uses synthetic hormones to counter the estrogen effects on our bodies. Estrogen is not a good thing when out of whack, high rish of cancer is one of a bunch of bad things it does. And fsh level over 20 and your getting to where you need to really look at ivf fast, the docs will vito you through the usual processes at my clinic and go straight to this.

Glad to hear about your sonohystergram, what a relief hey?

I take chlomid cd3-7 and at night. Only had hot flashes and a little bit of intolerance to stupid behaviour from my oh :smug:
I didn't see a whole lot of drying effect from chlomid however I was worried it would happen so I guzzle water everyday and have been taking supplements to help it and my lining. There's another thread on the ttc forum where the ladies swear that being super hydrated helps. I had a glass of wine and my nose got clogged. I stay away from caffiene *I have decaf americanos now) and wine to ensure it's a good envir down there.

Because the doc only saw 1 follie that's still bright on the u/s coupled with the high fsh levels, premature ovarian depletion was her diagnosis. i've also had af go from 7/8 days down to 2-3 max. Quite a difference!

some days i get scared and think we should just go straight to ivf, if this cycle doesn't work and they don't let me have more cholmid (break) then I'll get on the ivf list. :cry: which i'm also scared to do (the retrieval)

Whoop!!Whoop!!! We had our follow up appointment today with our doctor. My blood work came back normal!!! :happydance: The only thing the doctor wants to have me take is vitamin d..says its good for the immune system but nothing was wrong with me. As for the sperm anaylsis...that's another story. Doc wants 20 million for the IUI, the count on this sample was only 2 million. However, my husband did have problems getting that donation and he even admitted it wasn't as large of a donation as it could have been. That explains the low count. So the doctor said instead of getting it the boring way, he gave us a sterile condom and said we could BD and collect the little swimmers in the condom. So we go back next Thursday for the results of the second anaylsis and if all's well with that one then it's on to the IUI!! My doctor seems confident that the IUI will work as long as the count is high enough. This is been a great visit but we still haven't figured out why we aren't getting pregnant naturally. Maybe that will be answered next Thursday. Just grateful for the good news today!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->