36 week appt

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
I'm not breech :happydance: :happydance: she's not engaged, but is on the brim, so no chance there, even tho they said she was engaged on thurs! have been told i cant have my water birth cos i've got to have IV antibiotics for group b strep, but never mind.

for some reason they thought i'd had a swab that had shown up the group b strep. erm no, i've not had an internal at all!!

and there was a student in, i swear she was about the same age as me or younger, she was takin a look at my bump and the mw was like, tell me what you notice. she reeled off the obvious, stretchmarks, belly button piercing scar. the mw was like, can you see the baby moving, she was like, oh i thought that was alice moving!! hehe i love students!!

Glad baby's the right way up! I'm a bit confused though, have you had a strep B swab or not?

Glad it went well :) XxX

awww. that's nice and reassuring. xx

Good news about bubba not being breech. I'm hoping my LO will have decided to turn around by my 36wk appt in 2wks x

Glad it went well! Dont worry, babies can engage and disengage alot :D

Glad baby's the right way up! I'm a bit confused though, have you had a strep B swab or not?

no didnt have a swab, they found it in my wee sample, which is why they've put me on antibiotics now as well as in labour! but for some reason they had it down that i'd had a swab and they'd found it in my wee!

no didnt have a swab, they found it in my wee sample, which is why they've put me on antibiotics now as well as in labour! but for some reason they had it down that i'd had a swab and they'd found it in my wee!

Oh now I understand! Shame it means you can't get your waterbirth.

Oooooh yaaaay!! Yea my LO seems to move all the time from being engaged and not being grrrr... Hope your LO decides to engage and stay now :)

They dont even check for engagment here that early because they move so much.

Congrats on baby turning!!!! Hope mine does by 36 weeks too!

I might be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that you could still have an active or water birth while on antibiotics as they give you them in 20 min bursts and inbetween you can do what you like (obviously within reason lol!!) x

i asked her today and she said cos i'll still have a canula (sp?) in then i cant get it wet and obv when ou're in labour your head's all over the place and you're hardly gona remember not to put your hand in the water!!

A nasal canula? If that is what you mean (you will be on oxygen) there is no reason why you cant get it wet... That is really bizarre!

no no an IV canula in my hand for the drip! the drip wont be attatched all the time, but i'll still have the thing in

That is not a canula... at least not what we call it here haha... we can it an IV lock.

Anyways, that is still kind of silly why they wouldn't let you still have a water birth if you wanted, we still bath patients here who have lock sites. It isn't good for it to be submersed in water, but it happens and no one is harmed...

lol... guess you guys have different rules there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->