36 weeks- ended up in hospital last night with bleeding

tristansmum

Reaction score
So last night I went to the loo and after I wiped there was pinky blood on tissue. Obviously scary. Over half a hour I kept checking and the same. I rang labour ward as it was 11.30 at night and they said come in to be checked. Mw did ctg and a Dr did speculum and internal then went to get registrar who did the same. It's bleeding from the cervix caused by hormones. She said cervix soft but closed and high. Nothing to worry about. Anyone had this? Does it give any indication of things starting to happen? By this stage it was 3am and I didn't think to ask! Just happy to go home lol. Also I get a lot of bh and had massess while on ctg. In my notes she wrote 'utarian activity 4-5:10... Patient unaware. Well I was aware but not painful.... Any ideas what that means?

I've been in twice so far in the last 9 weeks with bleeding/contracting and i'm still pregnant so not neccesarily a sign! If there had been any change/dilation to your cervix that would have been more of an indication but as there wasn't, i'd say don't worry. You're nearly at full term too so might just be the slow start of things starting to happen.
The 4-5:10 thing means that you were feeling 4 or 5 contractions every 10 minutes on the ctg but that they were not painful.

cheers. Ive seen community mw this morning who explained things better. Although she thinks I might deliver soon but I'm not holding my breath! bet I'm still here 2 weeks overdue lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->