36 wks 6 days less movement

Shabby990

Boy age 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies I am 36 weeks 6 days..

For the past 3 weeks or more i have had the baby kicking so much that it hurts I could cry.. tonight she seems to be quiet she has not had that time.. i can fell her kick but like I said nothing mega..

Any ideas I am in the UK so it is 9pm her and I would not now what to do or who to call ect..

Many thanks

So far I have had a very active baby this time and I can pretty much rely on her to move all day long.

But yesterday, she was very quiet. And even when she did move it was very soft and nothing major. I only felt a few movements here and there throughout the whole day. She is back to her normal movement today, though! And I'm getting the constant movement and big kicks all over again. She went from transverse to head-down, so I think she was getting acquainted with her new position before moving a lot again.

But, of course, you are quite a bit further along than I am. It could just be that your baby has grown again and didn't move as strong because she's getting used to even less space before moving again. I feel any movement is good. If she doesn't seem to move at all when she normally would, or if you don't notice her getting active again, I'd probably go in and get checked out to be on the safe side. But babies do have a quiet day here and there.

Hi Rebecca it's just weird I have been having period type pains for a few days but nothing major..

my boyfriend says relax.. but it's hard to.

Just worry me plus it's late so the day unit us closed.

Well, it is possible that you are in early labor. I didn't know you were having period pains.

But sometimes baby is less active when the body is in some form of labor due to the uterus contracting. With my son, I had supposedly been having contractions all day the day that he was born, and I didn't know it. They were early labor contractions, so they were more like period pains than the full on contractions. My water broke with him, which sent my body into more active labor.

I don't know how it all works in the UK. Here, I can just call Labor & Delivery 27/7 to ask questions if I'm worried and they will give advice or tell me whether or not to come in. They are always open. What would you do if you were in labor? Do you have any sort of number you could call?

If you feel like something's not right then ring maternity unit or labour ward for information. If it's not normal for your baby then it's better to be safe xx

I would call the labour ward I guess.. i go to antental with my doctor I don't even have a birth plan.

I can fell her move which is reassuring come to lay in bed to see and hold my belly to get her to move for me.

Is this your first baby

You should always, always get reduced movements checked.

Phone the labour ward and check what you should do. The number might be on the front of your notes?

Our birth centre is open 24 hour and my midwife told me to call there if I have any concerns. It's probably fine but better to speak to someone. My friend went in about six times when she was pregnant because she was worried about quiet days. It was always fine but they never ever minded her going in and would always monitor her just to be on the safe side. Her LO was fine xx

Hi ladies just a up date I called the labour ward and I went in was in there for 3 hours.. baby was moving going so mad they could not get a clear movement so had to wait till she went to sleep to be able... While I was there I was pickin up contractions all I can explain was they was going tight every other minute and I was felling them.. They told me it could be a sign of early labour and to go back if she moves less or the pains continue

Thank you for your advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->