37, several miscarriages, natural conception, ttc #2, anyone else?

Francoise

Reaction score
Hello,

We conceived our son naturally and easily in 2009.

For #2, it's been very different. I miscarried last october at 3 months and then again this april at 51 days and then m/c or had a chemical pregnancy this past july.

We signed up with a fertility clinic after miscarriage #2 and just completed our initial assessment. They found nothing abnormal/obvious, just that my egg quality seems to be in the normal range but is declining. So, poor, age-related egg quality.

They offered 3 avenues. First, do nothing, keep trying, once a month, see our luck. But warned that egg quality can diminish drastically and that there's no way to tell how quickly - so it's risky to wait too long if you think you're going to take any aided action was the warning.

Second option at this clinic is super-ovulation. And the third is IVF.

Super ovulation is worrisome to me due to the lack of control over how many eggs will become fertilized and then what to do if you end up with high numbers. I'm thinking about it though - carefully.

IVF is not covered by our insurance and we have ruled it out.

On my own, I've read about femara and was curious as to why they didn't bring it up at our meeting.

We're going to keep trying on our own until our next appointment in November and I wonder if I should send an email about the femera option to our doctor now or wait until we see her in november - time being a factor - i should probably email her now I suppose.

Would love to hear from anyone wrangling with the same questions or who has been int he situation and has any advice or stories to share.

Best of luck x

Hello Francoise,
I love your name, it's beautiful.
Thank you for your post.

I am 38 and trying naturally for 2 or 3 cycles and then if nothing, would try clomid or femara etc but unfortunately we could not afford IVF even IUI or anything like that so I am hoping we will have some success in the next few cycles. I am a twin and would not mind twins..but triplets or 4 at once might be a bit much :)

How did they tell that your egg quality was normal now but declining?
Was it because of the miscarriages? or a specific test you had? I am so sorry to hear that you had these MC's. Good luck in future pregnancies I am sure it will happen again soon for you.

I had my AMH done and it was on the low side but FSH was quite good.
I have only had one appointment with the Fertility doctor and he said quite often the AMH is incorrect and also its better to get it done at labds who specialize in them. So I am feeling a little better about my low AMH. I have mild PCOS and usually am supposed to have high AMH for my age. So a low result was a bit of a shock. He will retest in 2 or 3 months.

We will try naturally for 2 or 3 months and then go back to him but I am currently on day 36 nearly 37 of my cycle and no AF (not pregannt) either so not sure I even ovulated when i thought i did on day 20....so I am a bit lost now.

I am only using Maybe baby, and trying to see if i have EWCM.
OPK are a bit expensive and temping seems so hard but might have to start it.

Good luck Francoise and keep us updated on your progress. I hope you get a little brother or sister for your son.
Rose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->