Wtt at 41 after miscarriage

star25

Reaction score
Hi all
Last month which has sadly ended as. A blighted ovum at around 6 weeks
I'm waiting to for this to be over to try again
We might Have a FET with. 1 of our 3 frozen embryos but will try naturally in the mean time
Is. Anyone else waiting to try?

I’m so sorry about last month. Praying for your sticky! I’m not 40…I’m almost 37 though and according to my doctor I’m old. Eek. lol We’re ttc #4

Thank you everyone!

Jules, wishing you lots of luck, I've been infertile for 20 years before my bfp with my dd3 at 39 then this bfp was natural at 41, it's. Crazy how our bodies work lol, it gives me hope it can happen again though, if not we might try a frozen transfer
Before this miscarriage we wouldn't have gone down that route again, but now I'm tempted

Boo on "too old"! I feel like doctor are working off antiquated thoughts on women's health. I know so many women, okay at least three off the top of my head, who got pregnant because a doctor told them they were "too old" and in menopause. My situationship's daughters mom was 40 and that's how they ended up with a baby: doctor told her she was too old with too many health issues to get pregnant. My friend (just turned 40) didn't know she was pregnant until she was in her second trimester because her doctor told her that the missing/late periods were pre-menopause. My mom was like 37ish when she went to have my brothers. She has to do IVF because she had a bad tubal ligation (long story) and my stepdad was 20 years older than her with low count and low mobility sperm. When they "harvested" (don't know if that's the right word") all of her eggs were in eggs-cellent condition. She was super healthy and carried twins to 32w. I forget why they had to come out early even though she was just talking about it. Though all of us we born at least 4w early for different reasons. You're not too old! Boo on that doctor! Wishing you both baby dust!

Aw sorry for your loss :hugs: I thought I remembered you saying you weren't trying last cycle? Or did I get that wrong? Good luck x

That's so true dobby, i don't think being older is as worrying as they used to think years ago lol, I know about 3 people who have had babies at 50 and 52! 2 of those were natural, so you just never know

Josephine, we hadn't really decided if were going to try, but weren't careful either, I think we decided we wouldn't use the embryos but would be happy if it happened naturally, even though I didn't think it would again
But now this has happened it's made me realise I do want to try and maybe even use the embryos

That's so true dobby, i don't think being older is as worrying as they used to think years ago lol, I know about 3 people who have had babies at 50 and 52! 2 of those were natural, so you just never know

Josephine, we hadn't really decided if were going to try, but weren't careful either, I think we decided we wouldn't use the embryos but would be happy if it happened naturally, even though I didn't think it would again
But now this has happened it's made me realise I do want to try and maybe even use the embryos
three friends of mine aged 45+ got pregnant naturally with not issues at all. Yep, you never know

I am 42 in May and just got my first period postpartum today… and now I’m totally in emotional “let’s have JUST ONE MORE!” Mode. Facepalm. I thought we were done for sure when I was pregnant but now… Anyway I feel you. But like others have said, 40s just aren’t what they used to be and the data is kind of a mess too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->