37 weeks and red bleeding

rapunzel87

Reaction score
Hello all!

I woke up to a fresh red bleed this morning - only upon wiping. I wiped a couple more times and it became pink tinged. It has since stopped, so it was a one time thing. Naturally, we hurried to L&D. They hooked me up to a fetal monitor, everything was okay with baby. They then did a manual cervix check and noticed that I was half a cm dilated. The OB concluded that the bleeding may have been from the beginning of dilation. He said labor can be in a few hours or a couple days, he can't say (makes sense).

Anyway, my question for you lovely ladies is: for those that have given birth before and have experienced a similar bleed, when did you go into labor? I have read stories of women walking around with upto 3cm of dilation for weeks before active labor! Not sure if these women experienced a bleed like mine.

Also, I am guessing this is not a bloody show, because there was no mucus. I had mucus afterwards, but it definitely wasn't that heavy or jelly like.

Any experiences or advice is welcome :)

Oh gosh no I'm sorry I don't have any experience. I've started loosing my plug but was told it could take weeks for labour to start, as you said yours does not sound like a bloody show though.
I would maybe phone up L&D and ask for more clarification, it's your body, your baby and you shouldn't be left feeling at all confused about what's going on.

Good luck lovely, either way it doesn't sound like it will be long for you.

Xxx

I had red blood not loads but enough to stain a maternity pad when I had my last lg. I'd have probably been 2-3 cm and it scared the life out of me but was reassured it was a good sign had my baby the same day x

It may just be the start of a show .... A little bit of blood isn't cause for too much concern apparently and may be a good sign things are moving along towards labour :thumbup: if you are concerned maybe ring the l&d or wait and see if you have any more. I had a bit of bleeding after a show and preterm labour scare, but all back to normal now and was nothing to worry about :flower:

Did you recently have sex or cervical exam prior to the bleeding? I haven't had any bleeding with dilation so I can't help with that. I was checked at my 37th week check up (last Wednesday) and was 2-3 cm and 80% effaced and as of today STILL PREGNANT :cry: I so thought I was going to have her right on that exam table when doc told me how much progress I've made. Unfortunately, you can walk around for weeks dilated. :cry:

I wouldn't worry about the bleeding if you and your baby have been checked and it's not bleeding anymore. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. My 3rd pregnancy and I'm still learning new stuff. :flower:

I had the same and would have considered that to be a bloody show. It doesn't have to have mucus in it, especially if you've already lost your mucus plug (you may have an not noticed, it doesn't always come out in one and can look like normal discharge). In my case, my waters had already broken spontaneously just before (maybe 30-60 minutes before). So I knew labour was starting up even though I didn't have any contractions yet. But the blood was red, just a few wipes worth, then pink, just like you said. Mild period like cramps started within the hour, was in established labour within about 2 hours, and my daughter was born (also at 37 weeks) about 11 hours or so after bloody show. So really could be any time! If you continue to have bleeding and it gets heavier, definitely get checked out again. A bloody show is normal, but continued bleeding in early labour isn't. Good luck!

I've been in and out of hospital for the last 3 weeks with bright red bleeding. They don't know what's causing it but baby is fine and so am I. Each time it has started off red and then turned brown. They said they're not concerned about brown staining. I'm supposed to rest. It seems to happen when I lift or do too much. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and this first started when I was exactly 33 weeks. I've never had any pain. So it's been frustrating. You should get it checked out though. I have to go in any time I have a red bleed.

With dd#1 I was walking around at 5cm before do convinced them to induce me! I mean come on! 5 cm!?! She was born less than 8 hours later, no issues.

Dd#2 I walked around 3/4cm dilated before she came on her own. 36 weeks I was checked and at 37 weeks and some change she was born.

No blood for either just the bloody show for the second. This brown mucus. Hours before labor.

This dd#3 I am currently at 2-3 cm dilated. No issues just pressure. Lots of pressure and sharp pains...

I had the same and would have considered that to be a bloody show. It doesn't have to have mucus in it, especially if you've already lost your mucus plug (you may have an not noticed, it doesn't always come out in one and can look like normal discharge). In my case, my waters had already broken spontaneously just before (maybe 30-60 minutes before). So I knew labour was starting up even though I didn't have any contractions yet. But the blood was red, just a few wipes worth, then pink, just like you said. Mild period like cramps started within the hour, was in established labour within about 2 hours, and my daughter was born (also at 37 weeks) about 11 hours or so after bloody show. So really could be any time! If you continue to have bleeding and it gets heavier, definitely get checked out again. A bloody show is normal, but continued bleeding in early labour isn't. Good luck!

It would be great to go into labor soon! Unfortunately I haven't had many signs since the tiny bleed yesterday. I did notice more painful cramps especially at night, but nothing else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->