37 weeks - Baby lying back to back

Lilyandbump

Reaction score
Had my antenatal appointment with my midwife today at 37 weeks and she said she can't feel baby's back so thinks it's lying back to back. She said the head is 3/5 engaged so recommended I watch TV on all fours and do some lunges to make it move. She also said it moved a lot while she was examining and poking my bump though so I don't know what to do.

Watching TV on all fours on a laminate floor at 37 weeks pregnant is extremely uncomfortable! How long do I have to do this for? A few minutes or all night? How many lunges? I'm exhausted all the time so the last thing I want to do is more exercise! What are the odds the baby will move loads before it fully engages anyway?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm scared of having a hugely drawn out, agonizing labour if it doesn't move.

Thanks xx

I have the same problem, I have a light case of spd and midwife gave me exercises to do that really aggravated it, when I rang and said it was hurting she said not to bother, and that most of the time it won't work anyway and that baby will move while in labour. Sorry I can't be more help x

I was told at my midwife app last week that my wee monkey is back to back and not engaged at all. She said to get on to all fours when i feel him moving, to sleep on my left side and not to sit on sofa but to spend my time sitting on my birthing ball. If u dont have one i wud highly recommend getting one!! Also have a look at the "spinning babies" website for advice etc. As far as im aware still plenty time for baby to move and apparently a lot of babies turn at the very last minute xx

Thanks ladies. I'm hoping it behaves as well as it has done throughout the pregnancy and turns on its own. I just can't help feeling guilty now for reclining on the sofa instead of leaning over a dining room chair and sitting on all fours or "cleaning the kitchen floor" as one website suggested!

Just at the time when everyone around me is telling me to rest, now I feel like I'm having to be more active than ever, sitting in highly uncomfortable positions all night!

Pregnancy is hard - it's official! Why has it taken me this long to figure that out?!!

My baby was back to back at 36 weeks and then arrived a week later. I don't think it made any difference to the labour as the baby had already turned by the time I was ready to push so don't worry about it too much.

Mine turned b2b just before labour. Thanks! So there's no reason why yours can't turn the right way without too much effort from you. In fact I did loads of bouncing. Maybe I bounced her round!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->