37wk growth scan says baby is already 7.5lbs!! Advice

Zfbaby

Reaction score
I had a growth and presentation scan today. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and sonographer said baby is 7.5lbs. I've been booked in for a planned section at 40+1 (not just because of size) I'm really worried baby will be Humungous by that stage.
Does anyone have any experience with how accurate the scans are. Sonographer seemed to think it was dead on but I've heard they can be way out.
My visions of a petite little newborn feel like they've gone out the window :cry:

Growth scans aren't always accuracy, however baby's only gain 1/2 lb a week at this stage so your baby should only be 9lb if correct anyway so not too large :) my first was a chunky baby and this next one was estimated 5.8 at 32 weeks so inn predicted another even chunkier one but I do think chunky babies are cute!!! :) you'll be fine don't worry :) good luck for your section xxx

My last some was estimated at 8 lbs at 38 weeks, he was born two weeks later weighing 7lbs 6oz.

Bigger is better baby wise Hun. Much less chance of problems and illnesses etc.

A 9lb baby will still seem teeny tiny when you're holding them. Xxx

I'm measuring big (4 weeks ahead) have my scan Wednesday and am really glad that baby is big and strong.

I've bought and packed a lot in newborn size so I'm pretty sad it won't fit. Have you gone for 0-3?

I didn't get hardly anything in newborn this time as my daughter was 9,6 and looked like she had been stitched into her newborn! (I got a few up to 10lb newborn outfits for the first week or so, and the rest 0-3) hth xx

Growth scans aren't accurate at all especially after 20 odd weeks, two of mine were projected to be very small and they were really concerned at the hospital-one was born a very average 7lb 12 the other one was born 9lb 12-he was two weeks overdue but the last growth scan I had was at about 36 weeks and he was projected to be about 6lb full term. xx

I have newborn but the up to 10lb stuff. None of the 7lb stuff.

And even if she has to go straight into her 0-3 I'd rather that than she be small and less healthy. We can always get new cute clothes. :) More shopping!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->