38 Yo and nervous about my age and it's implication for health of my eggs.

butterfly23

Reaction score
Dh and I would dearly love to try for another child. DS is currently 18 months old.

Suddenly I have developed a fear of the quality of my eggs. I dont always eat 3 proper meals etc...

With DS I did not have this fear as my husband and I just wanted a child. Now, we are acutely aware that if our luck runs out and our second child is 'unhealthy', it would affect not just us, but also DS.

Anyway, any recs on how to improve quality of eggs? How to test for egg quality? Or just reassurance that my fears are normal?

Dh and I would dearly love to try for another child. DS is currently 18 months old.

Suddenly I have developed a fear of the quality of my eggs. I dont always eat 3 proper meals etc...

With DS I did not have this fear as my husband and I just wanted a child. Now, we are acutely aware that if our luck runs out and our second child is 'unhealthy', it would affect not just us, but also DS.

Anyway, any recs on how to improve quality of eggs? How to test for egg quality? Or just reassurance that my fears are normal?

Might want to read up on some of these threads. Q10 and DHEA seem to be the biggest help.

Might want to read up on some of these threads. Q10 and DHEA seem to be the biggest help.

waves, hi Im 40 and I started to take this and wheat germ oil. Cant hurt :)

Hello I am 38 and TTC and have the same concerns.
I guess apart from the AMH test and the FSH test...the only thing you can do is take supplements and be as healthy as you can.
Royal Jelly and Co enzyme10 and wheatgrass are all supposed to be good to improve old egss.

Plus the only other thing you can do and I will do if I get pregant is at 12 weeks and 15 weeks and 19 weeks there are a mixture of blood tests, ultrasounds and more invasive things like CVS or Amino you can do to test if the baby has any chromosomal or other problems.

I wish you good luck but I am sure you will be fine. Wishing you lots of baby dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->