38w3d bleeding -- yikes! Help.

LoveandPeace_

Reaction score
Today at 930am (it's almost 3pm right now.) I had a doctors appointment which she checked me and said I was 1cm dilated. She said there would be spotting to not worry, so I've had spotting since then. BUT, (tmi) I had to poop, and when I did it sent a gush of blood into the toilet and when I wiped it had looked like my period had started. I don't want to disturb the doctor because she did warn me that I would have spotting, but to me that's not spotting. I'm not cramping or anything. Did any of you ladies have this? I'm thinking it's where I had to push to poo that it may have just pushed extra blood out.
When I see blood though I freak out. :( I'm so nervous. :wacko:

If it's a gush I would get checked. She might haved kicked things off by checking you..especially this far along.

That's definitely not spotting!!

Please contact your doctor immediately!! They're there to answer our questions no matter how silly they might be at times...and I doubt this is a silly question!

I don't want to stress you out since I have no idea what it could be, but I know that I'd be really scared if that happened to me and would feel waaaaay better talking to a doctor about it!! Please call them and keep us updated! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

call the doctor asap. any bright red bleeding is a sign to call.

I agree, click the doctor. She may have just irritated your cervix though, I had this early on and had gushes of blood. X

That's not spotting, my mdwife said with sweeps to expect some blood and cramps, especially if successful so she might of started things.

I don't mean for this to sounds like a daft question but could the blood have come from your bum ? I have some mild piles and with my iron tablets I occasionally get a little constipated and when I do poo it aggravates the piles and I get some blood. Sorry for that lovely story lol but just wondering if that could have been what happened ?

A quick call to the midwife/doctor would put your mind at rest though.

I don't mean for this to sounds like a daft question but could the blood have come from your bum ? I have some mild piles and with my iron tablets I occasionally get a little constipated and when I do poo it aggravates the piles and I get some blood. Sorry for that lovely story lol but just wondering if that could have been what happened ?

A quick call to the midwife/doctor would put your mind at rest though.

I was going to ask the same. When my piles bleed, it can be quite a lot. Almost like when you start your period... Gotta love pregnancy.

Could be part of bloody show, but I was told at hospital to call/come in if there was more than just some spotting (she actually said if there is a large gush of red blood to come in).

Ladies, i decided to tak it easy for the day. It was just that one time when i went to the restroom. Babt has moved around since then. I called the doc she said it was probably just normal. Which i guess it was. Thanks for the concern! :) it was scary, but I'm glad that everything seems okay. She was a little rough today, not on purpose, i guess she had a hard time getting to my cervix.

Good to hear you're OK and the bleeding was a one time thing <3 :hugs:

I was checked at 35 weeks because i thought i was having contractions, which i wasn't. It was just from dehydration, but it didn't bleed at all. Hope either the baby comes before next dilation check, or hopefully it's not as bad next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->