39 + 3 and ready...

mommyhopeful1

Reaction score
I am 39 weeks and 3 days and SO ready to have my little girl in my arms now... I have tried evening primrose oil for the past 10 days, DH and I dtd practically every night, we take long walks around the neighborhood every night, and I (now that I am home from work this last week before my due date) have been working out like crazy, doing housework, and trying to add spice to every food. We tried massaging the pressure points on the ankle and hand as suggested by accupressure... NOTHING! She seems stubborn as ever, not wanting to come out. Anyone have any suggestions? I know many people say she'll come out when she's ready, but I am in so much pain and misery lately. Also, financially, for my maternity leave pay, it would be better if she were sooner rather than later!

I suggest: Keep up with the EPO. Whether or not it induces labor (which it shouldn't), it does prepare the cervix AND helps to not tear. It's not a guarantee, but I'd keep it up!!!

With my first, I started labor techniques at 37 weeks because my doctor was concerned about baby's size. We planned a c-section for 39 weeks, and she told me to start trying at-home labor techniques. So, I did. I tried everything. Seriously. lol The things that helped were: I bounced up and down stairs and bounced on my birthing ball, both of which REALLY helped baby get down into position (the stairs gave my baby the oomph he needed to settle down into the canal, and the ball helped him get deeper and deeper. This led to stronger contractions and my doctor being able to feel his head during an exam. I kept walking a LOT after that. I bounced on my ball constantly. I had LOTS of sex. I heard that relaxing helps, too, so I took a warm bath every evening with EPO in the water and then inserted EPO vaginally before bed. My water broke at 38w2d when I got into bed for the night, and baby was born naturally at 38w3d.

Hopefully other people will be able to say what worked for them, but the biggest part is getting baby way down in the canal so that when it is time, the pressure helps labor progress much more quickly.

That's good to know! Thank you! I have been walking tons and running up and down the stairs in my 3 story townhome lol. She seems to be dropping more and more, which I hope is good. I have been having contractions on and off but nothing that will stay. Yet anyways. Thanks! I'll try all that!

I suggest: Keep up with the EPO. Whether or not it induces labor (which it shouldn't), it does prepare the cervix AND helps to not tear. It's not a guarantee, but I'd keep it up!!!

With my first, I started labor techniques at 37 weeks because my doctor was concerned about baby's size. We planned a c-section for 39 weeks, and she told me to start trying at-home labor techniques. So, I did. I tried everything. Seriously. lol The things that helped were: I bounced up and down stairs and bounced on my birthing ball, both of which REALLY helped baby get down into position (the stairs gave my baby the oomph he needed to settle down into the canal, and the ball helped him get deeper and deeper. This led to stronger contractions and my doctor being able to feel his head during an exam. I kept walking a LOT after that. I bounced on my ball constantly. I had LOTS of sex. I heard that relaxing helps, too, so I took a warm bath every evening with EPO in the water and then inserted EPO vaginally before bed. My water broke at 38w2d when I got into bed for the night, and baby was born naturally at 38w3d.

Hopefully other people will be able to say what worked for them, but the biggest part is getting baby way down in the canal so that when it is time, the pressure helps labor progress much more quickly.

Bounce up and down the stairs? With the ball? Or did I miss read that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->