39+4 sudden swelling

Buffyx

Expecting #2
Reaction score
I'm 39+4 and its 1.42am. Have just woken to go to the bathroom and noticed my right hand is super tight and swollen. I can't close my hand in a fist properly. My left hand seems fine.

Do you think it's ok to wait until morning to see if it goes down? I've been awake for almost 30 minutes now and no change. Could it be from lying on it in my sleep? Or is it cause for concern?

I've had no other swelling throughout the pregnancy. This is quite unexpected.

I would call your ob soon. Sudden swelling can be a sign of preeclampsia. Nothing to mess with. Good luck Hun.

Go to hospital or phone OBGYN. Like pp says, sign of pre-eclampsia!

Hand and facial swelling is nothing to ignore. Best to get checked right away!

I'm going to call the midwife soon. I've just taken my BP at 146/95 and 141/88 on a home machine.

That's high. I would definitely be getting checked out immediately

146/95 is on the high side. Accompanied with the swelling its def worth checking out. I hope all is well.

I'm at the hospital now. They had me come in and have baby monitored (all perfect there) and BP was 148/100. Had blood & urine samples taken and now waiting on results.

Well I'm glad baby is well, and happy you are being seen. Sounds like you may be meeting your lo real soon!! At least if it is preeclampsia it was caught early. Good luck again!

Nope. They are about to send me home! Blood pressure is "down" to 135/85 and they are seeming to be happy with that.

You were definately right in going to get checked out , if things get any worse go back in . Good luck hopefully you will be meeting bub soon xx

Well that's great news that your bp went down! Either way you will still be meeting lo soon considering you are 39+4 ��

glad you got checked out- keep a close eye on it and if it spikes again head back in!!!

Thanks :) I have a machine at home so I'll be checking on it in case, and keeping an eye on the swelling.

My hospital will let me go until 42 weeks before inducing (without medical reason)

Glad that everything was okay with baby and that your blood pressure went down. Hopefully it was a one off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->