39 weeks baby is posterior, how to turn her to anterior position?

AnnaCat09

#4 due 3/28/18
Reaction score
Hello Ladies. I am 39 weeks pregnant with baby #4 and am ready to meet her. My midwife says I’m 1 cm, 70% effaced, baby is in -2 position and would progress more or even go into labor if my baby girl would just turn into an anterior position. She said there is no pressure on my cervix to move things along. My baby girl is not fully posterior, her back is along my right side and her head is resting on my right hip. I’ve tried being on all fours for 10 minutes then laying on my left side and also trying to manually pull her up and over with no luck.

How do I get baby girl’s head to an anterior position and put pressure on my cervix to hopefully start labor. I’m SO ready!

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you can do, but I'll be watching this thread closely as mine's in the same position and has been there for weeks. Good luck!

Have you tried the spinning babies website?? I am going to go to a acupuncture session tomorrow for this as my bug is the same no pressure on my cervix as he is not engaged and laying down my right side. I have a small hind water leak so really want to get things going as I have had enough of it stopping and starting as they can reseal. I think if he was in a better position labor would have started by now and my full waters probably would have broke.

I've heard good things about spinning babies too. But my midwife said lots of time on all 4's. Like more than 10 mins... lol spend your whole day there XD

The baby's back is heavy so gravity pulls it down.

Still have had no luck turning baby. Went to the spinning baby website, lots of posture changes and positions, tried a few, no luck. Today I had my membranes swept and she stretched my cervix from 1 cm to 3 cm. I’m really hoping that it does something. But if not I asked to be induced early next week. Someone is supposed to call me to schedule the induction.

Reiko - I thought 10 minutes does nothing. All day makes much more sense and, of course, is unreasonable - I have three kids. Lol.

Cross your finger for me, I really hope this weekend is it! Having contractions as I write this.

I think the spinning babies thing is something regular you are suppose to do rather than a once of. Also I would try acupuncture. I have just had 2 sessions for labor induction due to my waters leaking and it helped baby turn from being up my right side to back down the front of my belly, he also gave me his personal number in case baby flips to posterior while I’m in labor he will come and give me acupuncture to turn him so it is worth a try. Good luck

The Spinning Babies site has some good ideas.
Also, my midwife told me to go on all fours and gently rock back and to for quite a while.
Good luck! :)

Hi ladies! No labor yet, but I did lose my mucus plug this morning and then walked the mall for a couple hours. Having regular BH contractions with a few painful ones every hour or so. Labor is, obviously, on it’s way just wish it would be sooner (today) rather than later (any day past today). ��

The signs sound very promising! Hopefully baby will be here soon :)

Went to see my midwives this morning. No changes, baby is still high, barely 3 cm and baby is still in the same position, I’m feeling very frustrated. This being my fourth baby I totally thought things would progress on their own with the membrane sweep and cervical stretching, guess I was very wrong. So I asked to be induced, and they scheduled me for Thursday morning at 6:30 am.

I'm sure things will go quickly once it actually starts. Hope it works on it's own before Thursday but good luck on the induction if you need it! Keep spending lots of time on all 4's... xx

Hello ladies! I was induced at 10:30 pm Wednesday night and had baby 6:15 Thursday morning. Took the entire 8 hours to dilate from 4 to 10, but only pushed twice and baby was out. Thanks for all the advice and kind words!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->