3rd appointment with fs on the NHS today - anyone been here?

Hope13

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, does anyone know what to expect from a 3rd appointment with my fs today. The first appt was all tests, the 2nd Clomid prescribed (I take my 4th cycle starting this evening) so I am unsure what today is going to bring? Any ideas? Thank you. x P.s, I dont qualify for IVF. Sorry ladies, reposted from assisted conception after read and runs an no reply!

Think I am on my own on this one...oh well, I guess I will have the answer in 2 hours! :(

Hi, Didn't want to R&R but don't know to be honest, I’m due my second appointment in 2 weeks so you’re a stage or 2 ahead of me.

Hope you have a good appointment.....or as good as they can be! Good luck for positive news and steps forward FX for you. :)

Hi Hope, like the others i'm still awaiting a second app 12 months after realising there was a prob. How did it go? Did you get offered any diff treatment?

Hi everyone...thank you for your your replies, I appreciate it.

Well, after an hour and a half wait, I was in two minutes and the fs (a locum) gave me two more months of Clomid (I start cycle 4 of my last prescription tonight). I will then get an appointment for 5 month's time!! The fs mentioned the next step being metformin and possibly combining this with Clomid. I thought 6 months was the max to take Clomid? Interestingly she also said OPK's and PCOS which I have just don't work! The nurse told me stress is a no no and to try to chill and it will happen. I feel a bit more hopeful the are not giving up on me! xx

Wow that was a quick app and predictably slow to get another one!! I hate the waiting between. Did they establish whether you managed to ov on clomid? I'm not sure what the max rounds of clomid you can take, I always thought 6 - 9 months ish. I think its the impossible task asking people to reduce stress, nobody exactly enjoys it. I guess the important thing is to find an interesting new hobby or focus to give a bit of time away from thinking about ttc.

LOL, sorry, my appointment from being prescribed Clomid and yesterday's appt was 3 months. I meant the fs was running so behind in her schedule. I have ovulated one month on Clomid, and then not the next. We are trying to sell house which adds to the stress but at least it takes my mind of babies babies and more babies!!! x

Hi i just wanted to come and ask you a few questions of thats ok.

I have PCOS aswell as a heart shaped uterus.

I'm hoping to start clomid tomorrow. What should i expect from Clomid? what tests do you have to have done in the month of taking it?

how do you track OV?

sorry for questions i'm a nerves wreck today crying all the time i'm so scared he will turn me away again. i have lost a stone and half he wanted two stone but i find once i get to a stone and half i can move any more for some reason.

sorry again xxx

Hi Hope - whey did they just give you more Clomid? Have you had your tubes checked? Did DH have an SA?
I hate the waiting inbetween appointments :growlmad:

OPKs can still work with Clomid and PCOS - they do for me. You just have to start doing them 4 days after the last Clomid pill. Also try temping - I know it will only tell you AFTER you ovulated but at least that's something :winkwink:

There's no hard evidence to say Clomid can only be taken for 6-9 months in a lifetime. The logic behind it is that if it didn't work in 6 months it's very unlikely to work in future so no point taking it and time to move onto something else.
Im currently on my 7th Clomid cycle - ovulated on 5 out of 6 and still nothing...

Hi i just wanted to come and ask you a few questions of thats ok.

I have PCOS aswell as a heart shaped uterus.

I'm hoping to start clomid tomorrow. What should i expect from Clomid? what tests do you have to have done in the month of taking it?

how do you track OV?

sorry for questions i'm a nerves wreck today crying all the time i'm so scared he will turn me away again. i have lost a stone and half he wanted two stone but i find once i get to a stone and half i can move any more for some reason.

sorry again xxx

Hi there, no need at all to apologise. I'm sorry you feel so down today. I totally understand how you feel. Firstly, I had blood tests done before my first appt with the fs. At the appointment, after reading my tests, he sent me for a hsg. Both tubes are clear, in fact, two months after the hsg, I fell pregnant which led to a m/c when I was 5 weeks. I must confess, I didn't tell the fs this as I thought it might prevent him prescribing clomid. Anyway, at my second appointment, he prescribed me 4 months of Clomid at 100mg to be taken on day 2-6. I didn't have any tests the first month whilst on it but on month 2 & 3, I had bloods done at 21 days to see if I had ovulated. I did the first month but not the second. Clomid is different for everyone. Personally I have quite bad hot flushes and can be a bitch sometimes at a certain part of the month but apart from feeling very dizzy in the first month,hot flushes and nausea are the main things I would advise to be prepared for.

Now, as for tracking ov, this is something that cropped up last night at my appt. FS said that opk's do not work alone in tracking ovulation with PCOS. I have thrown my today! I only used to rely on this, not taking temps as personally I feel that is too much and too clinical for me. I need to try to relax as much as poss and don't feel that would help. BD'ing every two days is my advice.

Back to you, please try to relax for tmrw. If he refuses Clomid, tell him how much strain this is putting you under and ask him for it. My friend works for a fs and she advised me to say I wanted it rather than just accept what he says. The whole process is so stressful but if you want to message me anytime, I will try to cheer you up and let you know my experience up to now. He may also presc metformin but if not, say you have done some research on this and you know this helps. This helps with weight loss. I am supposed to be getting this next. One last thing, the nurse at my appt was amazing and said stress is the worst thing when ttc. I thought 'whatever, you should be in my shoes' but she i s right. I am going to concentrate on selling my house this cycle and relax.

Hope this helps. Anymore ?'s, just mail me honey. xx

Hi Hope - whey did they just give you more Clomid? Have you had your tubes checked? Did DH have an SA?
I hate the waiting inbetween appointments :growlmad:

OPKs can still work with Clomid and PCOS - they do for me. You just have to start doing them 4 days after the last Clomid pill. Also try temping - I know it will only tell you AFTER you ovulated but at least that's something :winkwink:

There's no hard evidence to say Clomid can only be taken for 6-9 months in a lifetime. The logic behind it is that if it didn't work in 6 months it's very unlikely to work in future so no point taking it and time to move onto something else.
Im currently on my 7th Clomid cycle - ovulated on 5 out of 6 and still nothing...

Hi Maria, thanks for reply. Could I ask your dosage of Clomid?

I have had all the fertility tests, bloods, hsg, hubby's sa which all came back normal. An internal ultrasound picked up PCOS. I must say that 9 years ago I had this and got preggers and I had a recent m/c so I am not giving up hope just yet (though I have been close). I think the fs gave me more clomid as 1) she was a locum and 2) because I ovulated one month on it. Apart from that, I am not sure.

Thanks for advice on temping, I am just not ready to make that move just yet and am determined to relax this month and just go with the flow. I really hope your 7th cycle is your lucky one....sending you bucketloads of baby dust, please keep me posted. You so deserve your BFP. xx

Thank you so much i going to do loads of research now!!

i just hope he will do sumthing now. i cried loads last time i was there cos he said i needed to lose the weight!!

having pcos makes losing weight even harder grrr lol

i had a good cry and i have the most amazing friend on here who has talked to me and got me bk on track!! i will defo come to you with questions for sure!!

r u on facebook? as i will be updating on there 2moz what hospital says!!

thank u again xxxxx

Oh poo, no I am not on f/b. I was but a long story and I closed down my page, lol.

Do you know what, this is a little tip for you, last night, in my appointmnt, I told them how down this has got me and how I feel it will never happen. By telling them how I feel and how it is affecting me, made their ears prick up. I think sometimes they see the same cases over and over, their patient's feelings are lost on them. I also told them I research it all like mad on the net and it was like they finally listened. I really think they have no idea what it is like to be in our shoes and sometimes, they need to reminded. FS's can be insensitive bug**rs to. I'm sorry you were so upset at your last appointment. I know I sound a right stropster, lol with my advice. Trust me, I am not but this is a subject that, like you, never leaves our minds. Tell him how you are feeling and you are at the end of your tether. Please if you can, update me tomorrow how you went on. I am keeping everything crossed for you xxx

Hope - I seem to respond well to 50mg. Although at the beginning I ovulated on 50mg first cycle, then didn't the second - no one knows why :shrug: Then I increased the dose to 100mg and got OHSS :wacko: Went back to 50 and so far ovulated on every cycle. Just started getting tons of EWCM so keeping my fingers crossed ovulation is on its way this cycle :thumbup:

Becci - have you been given Metformin? I am not technically overweight (but could lose a few pounds) so it does nothing for me. However, there are lots of ladies on here who really lost weight with the help of Metformin.

I always panic before my appointments. To the point where I can't sleep :nope: I alsway worry the Dr will just send me home to try a bit more. I agree with Hope that if you tell them how you really feel and explain that it's affecting all aspects of your life it may help. Seeing so many patients, for them someone with fertility problems is just another patient and it's easy to froget about the emotional drama that TTC causes. Best of luck to you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->