3rd baby fast delivery....any truth to that?

jzgrace

Reaction score
I'm having #3 soon. And one of my ob docs told me since this is my third and second baby was 10lbs that this baby should "just fall right out" WHAT!??!
Has anyone had their third baby and experience a faster easier birth? Or was it just like the others?

My first was 21 hours second 11 hours and third was 38 mins lol. My fourth was 7 mins so I dread to think what this baby will be Lol xx

I believe the key word they use with third babies is "unpredictable". So if your first 2 were long labours, this will be a short one and vice versa, or if your waters went the first 2 times they won't this time etc. I had 2 13hour labours with my waters not going until I pushed so I've been told to expect my waters to go first and then have a quick labour, lol.

I suspect I'll have a complete replica of the other 2 ;)

Unpredictable alright!

Wild card. The unknown haha.

I just had my third i can say my waters kept the same pattern not going until 10cm/pushing.

However the latent phase was just as long as it was with my first baby. I started contracting 1am on 14th, they were 3-4mins. Then the pattern went crazy, sonw times stopping for few hours. I was 99% sure pains were contractions they hurt but went to 1min every 20mind very far apart.

I had been 2-3cm at my sweep on 13th.

I woke up 1am on 15th in even more pain by 3am i had to get up. Went hosp by 6am as pains every 2-3mins. I was checked 7am and upset to hear only 3cm, i was in as much pain as i was in at transition with previous babies. Thought id gone all soft. My pains went all odd again going back home was most likely option.

Moved to triage and mw says dont think your pains are regular enough etc etc we will check you again before making choice where to go. At 9am i was 5cm and said id go use birthing pool if was empty, my pains got 10x stronger by this point but not regular. I got in birthing pool at 10am, in sooo much pain but still not regular to them had 6 contractions in the pool some being over 5mins long at 10:27am baby in my arms! I was gob smacked, for me it was a total unpredictable event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->