3rd time around... :/

mothercabbage

mum to 3..:)
Reaction score
well its my 3rd baby:baby: and im pooping my pants, first birth was a dream, epidural:happydance: quite fast and "easy" birth,she weighed 7lb 4oz:awww:...HOWEVER 2nd baby was a nightmare to birth, long labour to get to established labour,so very tired by the time it came to pushing, had to be cut, no epidural, throwing up all over:sick:, head was facing the side:dohh: so took me 3...YES 3 hours to push him out, had a doc "in me" up to her elbow to try to get his head to turn...fecking OWIEEEEEE!! he weighed 9lb 1oz....so my fear is will it be worse than my last birth?? having 2 deliveries SO VERY different...what the f**k is this time going to be like.... better?? (FXd) or worse :argh:...any one else terrified.....and for the cherry on the top, my :baby: is still breech:dohh: if he doesnt turn im not having the ECV so its a section!:argh: now that scares the poop outta me too!! im just scared...thats the reality...just scared...

I would try and not worry (I know, easier said that done!), births can be so different. My first was really long and complicated (near 30 hours active labour, epidural, forceps, had to have waters broken and manual placenta removal) and he weighed 9 pounds and 12 ounces and second labour was five hours in total, only gas and air, in hospital for only two hours before I pushed him out, only 14 minutes second stage and he weighed 7 pounds and 12 ounces.

Good luck, I am sure things will be fine.

xxx

aww hunny sorry you're feeling like this!! I know over here they actively push for the epidural. If that's what you want, can you ask for it and avoid a c-section that way? I can understand why you're scared :hugs:

I understand your fear! I've just posted something similar. O words of advice just sympathy! X x

i soooo want an epidural, but they prob be "too busy":dohh:
thanx for the sympathy!! heres some back at ya!!:hugs::friends::hug::kiss: xxxx

Heyy :)

This is my third baby too...and im also alot more anxious about the labour and birth than i was with my first and second.

First i had epidural, pethadine, gas and air and then it ended in vontoose delivery. 28 hours in total.
Second i had just gas and air and it was 7 hours.

:hugs: I know how you feel xx

:yipee: for 3rd babies...lol
my MW told me that 3rd babies tend to "faff around" (mess around) in early labour for a while:dohh: thanx for that biatch!!!:argh:

i soooo want an epidural, but they prob be "too busy":dohh:
thanx for the sympathy!! heres some back at ya!!:hugs::friends::hug::kiss: xxxx

Thats too right they are always busy.
I had a first birth like your 2nd my baby ended up in intensive care with suspected brain damage (she is ok).
Then with 2nd i was terrified and promised to b monitered during labour when i got there i was left in a side room alone facing my worst fears & by the time they had a labour rm her head was half out - had massive tear & no pain relief, i didnt want to hold baby i was too shocked.
So now im pg with 3rd and have app next week to try and pursuade them to give me a elective csection as i have tokophobia. I desperatly wanted another but knew id fight for a section as they let me down badly twice.
Now im worried about baby being born by section with fluid on lungs or me dying of a blood clot. ;( the joys

awww your worse than me,:hugs: its a terrifying thought if you think about it too hard isnt it...:hugs::kiss::friends: hope you have a good delivery and can put the fears behind you! when are you due? xx

21st jan so long way off for now :) deff 3 times more scary xx

yea you got a while yet, try not to worry...im sure all will be/go fine :hugs: xx

I had a section 4 weeks ago as my LO was breech. I too refused the EVC - if he's comfy then leave him be :D

Honestly the section is not bad at all. I had a fantastic experience. Spinal didn't hurt - barely felt it. The numbness was surreal. I didn't like seeing them move my legs and not feel a thing. The staff were great and even lowered the drapes so I could see LO being pulled out.

The aftermath for the first 24hrs wasn't brilliant. My blood pressure dropped due to all the medicine and I spent the whole day being sick, but that eased up with a drip. The midwives were great with me. The soreness afterwards isn't the best, but I imagine it's not much different to recovering from a tear or episitomy. Probably just lasts a bit longer.

I know how you feel though, I too was terrified at the thought of a section, but it really wasn't bad. If I was told I needed one in future pregnancies, I'd happily welcome it.

Hope this helps ease your fear abit, and I hope your LO co-operates and turns around for you :flower:

thanx :flower: it did ease my nerves of a section a bit, but im 99% sure my LO has turned:happydance: xxx congrats on your LO, if thats him in your avatar he is a cracker!!! soooo cute!! well done you xx:hugs: and thanx again! xx

It must be a 3rd baby thing! I had an amazingly easy first birth, hellish second birth and since the day I found out I was preganant with my 3rd I have been in a panic.

Everyone seems to think I'm crazy since I've done this before, but after a bad experience it is hard to look forward to having a go at it again :(.

Basically I am just avoiding thinking about it which I know is not a good thing. I was induced with my 2nd and she was back to back, so unless there is a medical need I am determined to wait this LO out and refuse an induction again.

Good luck to us all! xx

My advice go straight in at your first contraction and lie about how far apart they are when u ring in as it happens fast this way u wil get in the q for epidural - lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->