3rd Tri?

xAmberLFCx

Wife,Mummy & Pregnant :)
Reaction score
Hey ladies, was wondering if you could clear up for me when we go into 3rd tri? Some websites day it's 27 weeks and some say 28 weeks? Help! :)

Opinion seems to vary! I took it as 28 weeks, just as it's definitely the 3rd trimester at that point!

Opinion seems to vary! I took it as 28 weeks, just as it's definitely the 3rd trimester at that point!

Thank you for your reply! I think I'll do the same :) you are so close now to meeting your little one! :)

My app says I'm in my third trimester this week. But I'll head over on Friday when I turn 28. Although I think I'll be in 2nd tri more for the moment anyway as 3rd is SO quiet!

My doctor (US) uses 28 weeks as the start of first trimester. However, I go with the real timeline. ;) 40 weeks divided by 3 means each trimester is 13.3 weeks long... meaning almost-27 weeks is third tri... So I round up and move over at 27 weeks. :)

When my mom was pregnant with me, you were due after 39 weeks, so 13 weeks started the second trimester, and 26 started the third. Since they added a week to pregnancy, they really messed with our trimesters in the process.

Agreed it varies. Kaiser says 28 weeks though. My newest edition of WTE book says 28 as well. But like you said several other apps and websites said 27. So really I vote go with what makes you happy hehe.

My doctor (US) uses 28 weeks as the start of first trimester. However, I go with the real timeline. ;) 40 weeks divided by 3 means each trimester is 13.3 weeks long... meaning almost-27 weeks is third tri... So I round up and move over at 27 weeks. :)

When my mom was pregnant with me, you were due after 39 weeks, so 13 weeks started the second trimester, and 26 started the third. Since they added a week to pregnancy, they really messed with our trimesters in the process.

This was the argument I made to DH when I said it didn't make sense why different sources can't seem to agree on when the 3rd trimester actually starts. Mathematically, week 27 should be in the third trimester. For now, I look at posts on both forums. LOL

Thanks ladies! I remember with my first son I moved over at 27 weeks but a lot has changed in the last 6 years haha! I think I'll head over at 28 just so I know I'm defiantly in 3rd tri haha

Just post in both places :haha: I'm 17+5 and I'm still posting in 1st tri as well. No one seems to mind. I'm not starting new threads there, just participating in my EDD Month's thread since we're a chatty bunch, and adding my opinion/advice/whatever on other topics that seem like something I can add to.

Just seconding what everyone else is saying - I essentially just picked a week and went with it. I chose 28 weeks. 4 weeks 4 days to go!

I delivered 2 weeks early with my first so I will go over this weekend at 27 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->