• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4 anovulatory cycles.. Is it time to make an appt?

militarywife5

Reaction score
My husband and I joked about how easy it was to get pregnant with our first three... However, this time around, we are really struggling. I am 31. As soon as we decided to TTC, I have been temping and testing for ovulation... My body always produces the hormone for a positive OPK, but something fails in the process because my temp stays the same throughout my cycle and I get my period at some point (irregular). After four cycles, do you think its time to make an appt with my OBGYN? Or should I wait a little while longer to see if this is a weird fluke.

My husband and I joked about how easy it was to get pregnant with our first three... However, this time around, we are really struggling. I am 31. As soon as we decided to TTC, I have been temping and testing for ovulation... My body always produces the hormone for a positive OPK, but something fails in the process because my temp stays the same throughout my cycle and I get my period at some point (irregular). After four cycles, do you think its time to make an appt with my OBGYN? Or should I wait a little while longer to see if this is a weird fluke.
Four in a row? I'd make an appointment. Or at least call. Did you chart before your other pregnancies?

I never charted with my first three. My cycles were very regular, so I just BD on what I thought was the day a I ovulated (day 14).... And it never failed. I assumed I would not have an issues with this pregnancy, so I did not chart the first attempt.... But after not getting pregnant the first try, I decided to chart and I my temperature never raised enough (nothing past .2) and it was not a consistent rise. I am all over the place. I called my doctor and she wants to see me today. I was just about to cancel thinking that I was jumping the gun, but saw your post and thought I would keep the appt. Thanks! Tiffany

That's awesome that your doctor got you in so quickly. Hope it goes well. <3

She did blood work to see if something was "off". She wanted to wait a year before she prescribed clomid. Thanks again!

I agree with waiting to prescribe Clomid and im in almost the same boat. I will admit however to never temping or charting. I got fed up when i tried, i am smart enough that i understand it, i just dont like it.

If nothing comes up in the blood work you should see if you can get an U/S and more testing.

Thanks for the update! Hope you're on the path to getting answer. <3 Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->