4 days to get this baby out!!

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
They've told me best case scenario is if I go into natural labour before Wednesday, when they've booked my very much dreaded c section. I'm not allowed to go walk too much because of the high blood pressure. So what can I do to get this baby out before eviction day!! x

They've told me best case scenario is if I go into natural labour before Wednesday, when they've booked my very much dreaded c section. I'm not allowed to go walk too much because of the high blood pressure. So what can I do to get this baby out before eviction day!! x

Things that have worked for me:

Clary Sage - few drops in your bath water. Hubby complained he would go into labour it was that strong! lol

Nipple stimulation - have you got a breast pump? Using that for a bit should stimulate it but it can hurt so be aware.

Sex :)blush:) lol

OH any good with his hands? Could he try giving you an at-home exam to see if you're dilating? My hubby did this when I was in slow labour with my 2nd and he was pretty accurate - but then again he's a biology student, so likes that sort of thing! lol :dohh:

How was your trip to the hospital?

i cleaned the skirting and windows day before went into labour

Lexi I'm SO happy to see you here!! I only popped in to be nosy, and maybe because I'm a little bit broody, I was pg with you when you had little joshua, I'm now going to stalk you!! :D

Things that have worked for me:

Clary Sage - few drops in your bath water. Hubby complained he would go into labour it was that strong! lol

Nipple stimulation - have you got a breast pump? Using that for a bit should stimulate it but it can hurt so be aware.

Sex :)blush:) lol

OH any good with his hands? Could he try giving you an at-home exam to see if you're dilating? My hubby did this when I was in slow labour with my 2nd and he was pretty accurate - but then again he's a biology student, so likes that sort of thing! lol :dohh:

How was your trip to the hospital?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Clary sage is fantastic and so relaxing which could help with your BP.

Every MW i have ever spoken to has said sex is the best labour starter, unless they are partly funded by a secret community of husbands id give that one a good go :haha:

No idea! But I'm sending lots of positive vibes in your direction!

sex!!! make sure he ejaculates inside tho! the prostaglandins in semen are what really kick things off! I would follow this with a good amount of nipple stim to encourage contractions too!

Good luck!! :)

We haven't had much sex for awhile due to generally being too tired/uncomfy/feeling like a whale, but I shall try later!! Currently bouncing on my ball. I don't think he would have a clue how to check if I was dilated?? Where can I get clary sage from? I'd it just an oil. I have bought a breast pump, looks a bit scary, but I'm willing to give it a go. Won't I just start expressing though? I've been leaking on and off over the past few weeks? I love pineapple, but don't you have to eat 7 of them?!

Thank you geegees, really good to hear from you!!

Trip to the hospital today was long. Got there at 10.30, not expecting to be more than 2 hours. Only just home. Ctgs are looking great. Blood pressure dropped to 130/85, which is better than it was. Still got ++ protein though. They've now prescribed iron tablets as my iron is a little low. Had the second steroid jab - ouch!! Just before we left I started to get pretty bad lower back pains with the odd back spasm. They done another ctg which showed infrequent tightenings. They gave me some codeine. It's filled the pain, but can still feel it. Not going to get my hopes up about it being the start though, but I wish it was :( I know lower back pain doesn't mean too much on its own though! xx

I don't know much about the pineapple because I'm actually allergic to them. Maybe drinks lots of pineapple juice with and between meals? X

We haven't had much sex for awhile due to generally being too tired/uncomfy/feeling like a whale, but I shall try later!! Currently bouncing on my ball. I don't think he would have a clue how to check if I was dilated?? Where can I get clary sage from? I'd it just an oil. I have bought a breast pump, looks a bit scary, but I'm willing to give it a go. Won't I just start expressing though? I've been leaking on and off over the past few weeks? I love pineapple, but don't you have to eat 7 of them?!

Thank you geegees, really good to hear from you!!

Trip to the hospital today was long. Got there at 10.30, not expecting to be more than 2 hours. Only just home. Ctgs are looking great. Blood pressure dropped to 130/85, which is better than it was. Still got ++ protein though. They've now prescribed iron tablets as my iron is a little low. Had the second steroid jab - ouch!! Just before we left I started to get pretty bad lower back pains with the odd back spasm. They done another ctg which showed infrequent tightenings. They gave me some codeine. It's filled the pain, but can still feel it. Not going to get my hopes up about it being the start though, but I wish it was :( I know lower back pain doesn't mean too much on its own though! xx

I think most health food places sell clary sage - we teamed ours up with eucalyptus and chamomile (slow labour for 3 days I needed the rest lol) and I passed out in the bath to sleep for 2 hours lol.

With the breast pump, yes you'll get some colostrum but from what I can gather (I've never BF'd so there's tonnes of ladies more knowledgeable than me about this lol) it's the hormones released in labour/immediately after which really stimulate the breasts to produce milk. Using the pump for a couple of minutes a side isn't going to simulate the feeding habits of a newborn, but you'll get the same 'let down' that stimulates the uterus to contract and can help to get labour going. (no expert like I say but I think this is the theory.)

Birthing ball is good for most - personally I hated mine, and had even more loathing for it in labour! lol When I got home with Earl I had hubby forcibly pop it and the dog was allowed to attack it which he had been longing to do for months! lol

I have to say my cat isn't a fan of the ball, I do find it quite comfy to sit on when oh isn't using it as a foot rest!! Currently waiting on a curry!! Anyone know if tinned pineapple/pineapple juice work the same as fresh pineapple?? 3 days is too long! I don't have that much time :( might try get to a holland and Barrett tomorrow though!! Oddly enough, I just found out raspberry leaf tea is very high in iron and used to treat mild anaemia in pregnancy, yet since I've started drinking it, for the first time ever I have low iron?! I hand expressed a little for Joshua, but obviously never breast fed. The look of the breast pump is a little scary though!! No idea how it even works!! xx

I think re:the pineapple it should be okay if it is in its own juice and not syrup etc.

I think with the pump you just put it on your tit and squeeze the trigger :/

You may get some colostrum out which you could freeze. Its pretty awesome stuff so could come in handy.

I don't think I've got anything to freeze it in. Joshua could never have what I expressed so I donated that to the nicu gor other babies. I only ever hand expressed though. Only managed it for 4 days after we lost him before it got too much emotionally, but I hope it helped some other poorly babies. I've got small zip lock freezer bags, would they work?? x

I've heard of people freezing milk in bags so I can't see why not x

The bags need to be sterile so normal ziplock bags won't do. Pop to Tesco or somewhere and they should have milk storage bags.

Really hope you manage to encourage baby out before Wednesday! Good luck xx

I express colostrum into a spoon and then into a sterile syringe, we take this to hospital so if their blood sugars aren't good they can have colostrum straight away, avoids the formula they often give them otherwise.
I know you can't go walking but do you have stairs? crab walk up & down them sideways can help baby put more pressure on your cervix and help dilate if ready. Will they do a sweep?
Pineapple, it needs to be the core which isn't in tinned pineapple and it needs to be fresh. I would get a number of pineapples and decore them and just eat the core, not so yummy but also not so harsh on the tummy. Use the left over pineapple to make pineapple cake? Or just blend it and freeze it for use later.
Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->