4 month-old sleeps on his tummy-would you be worried?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
Tonight my little man is sleeping on his tummy for the first time. He just learn to roll over last night and tonight while he was doing that he fall asleep
I'm a bit worried. Should I turn him so he will lie on his back?

Hiya hun...i really don't think there is anything to worry about...my LO always sleeps on his tummy and he is fine...it is normal to be worried at first, even i used to be...however he has been sleeping on his tummy since 2months...its personal choice i think hun...do what you feel comfortable with. Alot of babys sleep on their tummys :hugs:

No i dont think there is anything to worry about , My LO did since she could roll over , she always sleeps on her tum now. Anyway im sure if you lay him on his back he will only roll over :lol:

i will be checking a few times to make sure. he seems so relax in that position

my lil man loves sleeping on his tummy but ill only let him when im awake as im too paranoid when im asleep x but as long as bubs can lift their head etc i wudnt see anithing to worry about

We have let Caitlyn sleep in her tummy since 1 month old. It's the only way we got any sleep and she started sleeping through round about then.

For peice of mind maybe get a monitor that tracks movement too? I have the Angelsounds Sensor pad

xx

We have let Caitlyn sleep in her tummy since 1 month old. It's the only way we got any sleep and she started sleeping through round about then.

For peice of mind maybe get a monitor that tracks movement too? I have the Angelsounds Sensor pad

xx

i co-sleep but still paranoid:dohh: silly me

If he can roll over then it isnt worth trying to turn him back over, as you may end up spending the whole night worrying and trying to flip him over constantly.

Charlie started sleeping on his tummy as soon as he could roll over, and he still does. It's so cute to see as he doesn't sleep flat, he curls himself up and sleeps on his knees with his bum in the air!

my 4month old sleeps on her back, this was drummed into me by health visitor and midwife, i knnow its each to their own etc but its cot death at the end of the day so if i keep her on her back she's supposed to be safer, i went through a whole, "she won't sleep unless she is on her tummy phase" just to get some sleep but with perseverance she sleeps on her back!!

I dont see what the isue is once they can lift their head very well and are beginning to crawl... ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->