4 months of cal counting, losing weight slowely but dead BORED! motivation?

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
For the long term dieters here what do you do to keep motivation?

Im happy losing 1lb per week and the amount of cals im having arnt too low and I weigh myself each week, some weeks i stay the same which is disheartening but i havent given up, i thought the baby weight would fall off but its really tough! doesnt help ive hit my 30s, ive heard its more stubborn after 30 anyway!

I was thinking maybe just to weigh myself once a month. I just dont know im bored and keep craving junk and wine in the evenings!!

Skinny Cow! Its low fat, low calorie ice cream and it tates fantastic! We have a permanent supply in the house for when I get a craving for something junky. Just remember its ok to give into cravings every now and then because if you don't you'll just end up binging and getting back on track after a binge is a lot harder than just allowing yourself a small treat here and there. I also chew gum, I go out and buy it in bulk. I find it really satisfies the craving for something sugary without going overboard especially since cravings only last from 4-12 minutes. This is going to sound ridiculous and like a step backwards but I bake when I have a craving that just won't go away no matter what. I don't eat the baking, but just the smell satifies it. I then push my baking onto family, friends, and neighbors. :haha:

As for being bored, switch up your routine/work-out. Go for walks more often, arrange to meet up with the girls at the park, join a zumba class. Just getting out of the house more often will make a huge difference. And keep weighing yourself every week! Because even seeing that one pound of loss is better than nothing. Think of it this way, if you lose weigh yourself every week and you lose one pound a week thats one pound lost in 7 days, weigh yourself at the end of the month and thats maybe 3-5 pounds over the course of 30 days. One pound in 7 days is a lot better motivation. And with weekly weigh-ins your less likely to splurge because its only another 7 days away. Monthly weigh-ins are a month apart leaving you more time to think you can binge and get back on track before your next weigh-in.

Okay, I think I covered everything and I hope I helped! :coffee:

losing one pound a week is the best thing to do. i have a lot to lose and try to lower my calories to lose 2lbs a week, and after a week im like i dont think i can keep this up for too long, the calories are too low. i commend you for trying for 4 months. ive been yo-yoing for 2 years and the longest i usually last is 3 months :wacko: i really want to make the long haul, i want to change my life really bad. we have good and bad days. and i must say skinny cow is an awesome treat, they have multiple flavors..

After years of failed diets, I've just started Slimming World and if it works (first weigh in tomorrow!) it's great! Nothing is forbidden, which I think makes it a lot easier. I used to be awful for biscuits and chocolate - but I've actually not wanted any of that in the past week. I used to go one day being good, then was back on the biscuits next day! With Slimming World there's so much "free food" that you can have in unlimited quantities - you never feel hungry because there's always something you can have. I'm honestly surprised at how easy it is - and I keep thinking I must be doing it wrong! I'm nervous about tomorrow's weigh-in though, in case I haven't lost anything!

Try keeping a food journal (if you aren't already), it helps to keep you motivated and interested. Also buy some healthy cook books or go online for recipes and get inventive. Boredom is the worst thing to happen as you're more likely to cheat and there's no reason you have to eat healthy food and not enjoy it, just be creative!

Okay, Im back on the straight and narrow, I seriously slacked on counting my cals the past 3 weeks, no wonder the number on the scales wernt going down, I wasnt counting the cals for sauces, cheese, ice lollies you know added extras here and there. Ive also been active and walking every day this week which has helped and making sure I have filling healthy meals rather than junk. Im looking forwards to me weigh in next week now!:thumbup: I guess when Im feeling like this again Ill ust take a week off it!

I know what you mean, GG. I'm kind of having this week 'off' and then I'm going to get back on it 110% next week :)
xx

I know what you mean, GG. I'm kind of having this week 'off' and then I'm going to get back on it 110% next week :)
xx

I do think thats the best idea, as long as it doesnt become a habit! Usually in the past Ive failed because Ive given in and thought sod it, diets off! but this way eating at maintenance for a week seems a good thing, todays been a great diet day for me as Im now looking forward to seeing the numbers on those scales go down next week, actually feeling motivated again!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->