4 +opks? starting to worry :(

genesismarie

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I had o pain on cd 13 took a opk and it came out positive but has stayed positive for 4 days im now cd 17. I checked my cm this afternoon and it white watery but if i rub my fingers together then seperate its stretchy a lil bit. Ladies what is going on with my cycle? Did i actually ovulate or is my body trying but cant? Why am i getting so many positives? Should i keep testing until i get a negative? Please help ladies im starting to think something is wrong with me:cry:

Do you normally have a long surge? Mine were always positive for 2 days and I have heard of women having 3 day surges. The egg may have had a little trouble getting out of the gate, but as long as you started having sex when you got the first positive I think your timing is good.

Im not really sure. I stopped using opks for like six months and this is my first cycle back using them i usually use the digitals and only get two positives but this cycle im using a dip stick cheapie brand from target. Not sure if they are more sensitive. I did on get one opk where the test line was way darker the the control line the two before and the one today where the exact same color and the test line was thinner then the control line?

I would consider the one that was stronger than the control line to be the positive one in that case. But you can start Bd when the test line starts getting dark to ensure good chances.

Ive had + opks for almost a week straight now. From cd 13 to cd 19 this morning im on cd 20 have not tested yet. But at this point id be shocked if it was negative. I dont really know whats going on. This is my first ever cycle using the dip stick type opks. I guess i really wont know until af shows. I keep getting ovulation pain off and on too. The most severe on cd 13after its just a dull ache and soreness. My gyno said i was ovulating she did a ultrasound a while back and tested me pcos and she said i definitely didnt have it. She didnt even want to test me she was so convinced it wasnt a possibility. In june i will have been off depo provera for two yrs and still nothing and still crazy cycles. I wish i could tempt then maybe i would not be so worried but i have really bad insomnia and its kind of hit or miss when i sleep and wake up. I keep attempting byt i quickly give up. Maybe i should stick to it next cycle and give up the opks or go back to using digitals

Last month I had + OPK for an entire week. I wasn't pregnant either. :( I really don't know what it meant. I asked my OB and she didn't really have an answer either. I have forgotten to test the past couple of mornings so I think I am going to throw out the OPK because we are just going to BD every other night to be safe.

@Jenn i want to stpp testing cause the guessing on why they are all pos is driving me bonkers think i may have got a nehative today not sure first opk was with really diluted urine so it came back neg but still had a line. Did two more opks with the same urine line was dark then the dilutef test but not as dark as my pos i have been getting. Control line was light too thoygh and once again they look the exavt same color. So i think the neg was a fluke so we are going on to cd 13 - cd 20 with pos opks the strongest pos on cd 15

I feel the same way as you! I am planning to throw out the opkafter this cycle (I think I am currently in the 2WW even though I got a + opk this morning). The past few days they have been ever so slightly darker than the control line.

I think (from what I've read on other posts regarding opk) that you will get a + leading up to ovulation and for a few days after since the LH must build up and then go back down. Its not just a one time burst of hormone... does that make sense?

I am thinking that if I we don't get the BFP this month, I will invest in a CBFM. It is a bit expensive but it indicates when the LH is building up AND when it hits the peak. I feel like all these positives are driving me in-sane!:dohh: The only thing is that I am scheduled to begin clomid next cycle and I don't know if that will give me "false positives" on any ovulation test.

I feel the same way as you! I am planning to throw out the opkafter this cycle (I think I am currently in the 2WW even though I got a + opk this morning). The past few days they have been ever so slightly darker than the control line.

I think (from what I've read on other posts regarding opk) that you will get a + leading up to ovulation and for a few days after since the LH must build up and then go back down. Its not just a one time burst of hormone... does that make sense?

I am thinking that if I we don't get the BFP this month, I will invest in a CBFM. It is a bit expensive but it indicates when the LH is building up AND when it hits the peak. I feel like all these positives are driving me in-sane!:dohh: The only thing is that I am scheduled to begin clomid next cycle and I don't know if that will give me "false positives" on any ovulation test.

aunt flo got me this afternoon so i have no idea what was up with the pos opks. i got a total of seven pos opks not even entertaining buying more for this cycle. i cant see how i got all those pos opks so late in the cycle and ended up with a 26 day cycle??????

I'm sorry AF showed up. Last cycle I had + opk for CD16-CD22. AF showed up on CD29. This cycle I had gotten + opk for the past 5 days so I decided I was done driving myself (& DH) crazy and chose to stop testing.

That is so crazy

I already feel the need to test this cycle hahaha but I swear I'm not going to.
Think im just going to take the relaxed approach. I have a lot going on right now can't imagine the added stress will help anything

Oh ok, do you drink a lot of fluids? That can dilute the hormone in your pee xx

Bot really sure how much I was drinking. But wouldn't diluted urine give me a negative ? I got seven pos in a row?

Yeah it would if you were drinking,loads but if you were drinking things that dehydrate you maybe not - try a preg test as sometimes the OPK show positive if you are already preggo

Let us know.

I had af so plus took a hot already so I know I'm no preggo. Just got a call back from my gyno. It's been two years since I got off depo and no bfp so she wants me to come in and do some fertility testing I'm nervous but I'm glad we are finally getting somewhere and she is listening to my concerns

Oh that's great news.

The tests are all ok, 21 day blood test to check for ovulation.
Ultrasound (poss internal) to check everything is in order in the reproductive area and the oh sperm tests. That's just the starting point but at least you'll get peace of mind x

Keep us posted :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->