4 week old sweats during naps

Aphy

Reaction score
Hi ladies,I need some advice. Often when I pick my little boy up after a nap, I notice his vest is often damp from sweat. It is winter here by us so I dress him in a vest and a baby grow and wrap him in a blanket. It doesn't seem to bother him at all but I'm worried that when he gets up,the dampness will make him get cold. Does anyone else have experience with this? Is it normal and what can I do about it? Should I dress him in less clothing despite it being winter here and cold?

Yes, I would dress him less warmly and see if it makes a difference. It's always safer for them to be too cold rather than too hot. A cold baby will wake and cry, but a baby who's too hot is less likely to wake before they overheat. So I'd err on the side of caution and see if it makes a difference.

My son always sweated during naps, he still does sweat at night a fair amount. It is winter here and he kicks his blankets off often, he's 6!

I agree with the others to dress him less warmly if he's sweating, the dress baby in one more layer than you rule doesn't apply to all in practice. Do you know what the temperature is in the nursery? I was surprised how cool the optimum sleeping temperature felt, it's only 16-20 degrees celsius

Yes, it's normal - both mine have done it - they are just crap at regulating their temperature to start with. My 3 year old didn't grow out of sweating at every nap/overnight until she was about 2. My OH still does it! Does sound like he could be wearing a bit too much though, so I'd either drop the blanket or the vest or just put him in a baby sleeping bag.

The room temp is usually around 19 degrees so it's close. I must go see what size the sleeping bags are that we were given,hopefully they are small enough

https://www.gro-store.com/grobag-guide

I found this guide really helpful when deciding what to put under the sleeping bag depending on the temperature of the room - I think tog ratings are generally fairly universal so not to worry if you don't have a Grobag!

For you, at 19 degrees, it looks like a 2.5 tog sleeping bag with a sleep suit on underneath would be ideal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->