4 weeks-back pain

Leeny

Happy Mammy
Reaction score
Hi, any advice or experience appreciated... I'm just 4 weeks pregnant but the past 2 days my lower back is ridiculously painful. If feels muscular I think and a bit like a harsh version of what I get before and during period. I don't have any other cramping or bleeding I'm worried about at the moment, but am in real pain. I just hope it's not a bad omen and a common symptom I suppose. Any thoughts?

I would talk to your dr. about it, just in case.
However, having said that, a heating pad or hot water bottle on your lower back will work wonders.
Also the child pose (google it) in yoga also works wonders. I tend to do that quite a bit as I had back labour with my last pregnancy and so I get a LOT of lower back pain with this pregnancy.

Snap! This is me right now and I'm 4 weeks today xxx

So painful, and worrying too. Hope you're OK too Oasis. I don't remember it with my first; although I remember aches and cramps not back ones!

V painful im struggling with picking up my son. I didnt have it til the last trimester with him. Thanks hunnixxxx

I've had lower back pain since before I got my BFP, which is one of the things that prompted me to the possibility of being pregnant. I had it with my 2 previous pregnancies as well. For me, it is just a normal part of pregnancy. But as always, if you are really concerned it might be a good idea to contact your doctor. And like a PP said, a hot water bottle or heating pad works wonders!!

Congrats and good luck!

Yup! I have this too! Or if I walk for too long my back kills me! .. I think I remember this from my first pregnancy though! I don't think it's anything to worry about

I had this early on too! Turns out I have a retroverted uterus, which can cause lower back pain so I think that may have been the cause for me. It's when your uterus tilts back towards your spine - it's quite common and usually rights itself by 12 - 14 weeks. Check with a midwife or doctor if your back pain is worrying you though. xx

Thanks for the responses everyone. Nice to get advice and hear others experiences too. I currently have a hot water bottle which is easing things-I'll be looking up the yoga too. I'll definitely mention to a doc if it gets any worse or carries on though.

Yes i had it a lot in from 4-6wks hot water bottle and paracetamol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->