4 Weeks Pregnant but need dental work... Thoughts?

PhotoPassion

Reaction score
Hi,

I just found out I'm pregnant today. I'm really excited about this, but I have an appointment on Monday to get a temporary filling removed and a permanent one put in its place (Recently had a root canal). I'm worried that the dentist won't be willing to work on me, but I have to have this temporary filling replaced (It won't last until the second trimester). I've also had swelling after my root canal and I'm worried that there might be an infection. Has anyone else HAD to get some sort of dental work done very early in pregnancy? Was it hard to find a dentist to do the work for you?

So excited but now worried too:/

I think dental work including anaesthetic is fine. I remember googling this. Think it has to be white filing not the silver ones though.

If you have any questions about a filling or the swelling, call your dentist before your appointment or talk to him once you get there. It never hurts to hear what they think. Some dentists will do the work, some might not. Also, I had a temporary filling put in after I had a root canal done and for various reasons, wasn't able to get to the dentist again for 4 months but the filling was fine until then.

I had a root canal done around 3 months, it was no prob for my dentist. But they are all different! Should be ok though, especially because it's only the filing! Better to do it now, in second tri my doc was worried about me being on my back for so long.

I believe it's fine however DH know someone who is a dental assistant and she said that there are many times when x-rays are taken for other people and other pregnant patients are in the area. I also hear that the rays from the x-rays are so low it wouldn't hurt anyway. I have been banned from all dental offices till after I give birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->