4 year old over emotional about daddy being at work

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
Hi ladies haven't posted anything about my DD for a long time.

She is doing great she's caring funny loveable enjoying nursery & life in general & getting very excited at starting school!

I have been with my OH (DD's dad) for a long time & we are a happy family.

DD sees him every morning he helps get her ready for nursery, then after nursery in the morning we see him at lunch time just before he leaves for work. DD is then asleep when he gets home so sees him again next morning.

He gets the weekend of course so DD is with him all day.

A few times before she has cried around bedtime because she misses him, I understand, give cuddles, explain she will see him in the morning & we send him a goodnight text (its not possible for him to answer calls)

BUT today she was crying for half an hour non stop hugging a photo of him looking out the window for him & kept saying 'I didn't get to say goodbye or wave to him' 'I really miss my daddy'

After nursery today we did go to the park so we didn't see him this afternoon but she did speak to him on the phone & when we got home she was fine about it & didn't mention him, its just when we get close to bedtime.

She really was acting like he had died (god forbid)

Is this normal!? She has no experience of someone leaving or a pet dying etc

My daughter cries for me too. Hubby tells me. She will cry at daycare sometimes. All my kids did it, so I think its normal.

She's probably just going through a developmental stage- and see's things/understand things more now... if it's more "sudden" behavior. Sounds very normal though... least from my experience.

Could your OH maybe record a short video of him saying goodnight and blowing kisses or something cute/funny you could play for LO right before bed? I know it's not the same-- but maybe just seeing him/hearing his voice might help ease her anxiety over it? Just a thought.

I'm sure, in time, she'll re-adjust and all will be Ok hun. :hugs:

Abby gets over emotional sometimes and I can guarantee it will happen when she is tired. She has cried buckets over the most inconsequential things at bedtime. Yesterday it was because she had an itchy back.

Totally normal I think.

Could your OH maybe record a short video of him saying goodnight and blowing kisses or something cute/funny you could play for LO right before bed? I know it's not the same-- but maybe just seeing him/hearing his voice might help ease her anxiety over it? Just a thought.
:

I definitely wouldn't do this if it were Abby. I'd actually go to the other extreme and remove him from the bedtime routine for a while. With Abby it would just set her off to remember him at that moment. I'd be more likely to send a goodnight text much earlier when she is less tired.

Yes ! Dh isn't there in the morning when she has got up as he leaves at 4.30am but we have this conversation every day That she misses him and often me and her brother too - oddly every if we are there she still says it

7.15 and Abby just had a big meltdown. Why? Because I tied the shoelace the wrong way......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->