4 Years Old - So Naughty

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
As the title says, my DS is going through a really naughty phase and I'm struggling to cope without shouting at him, which doesn't really work :nope:

He won't do anything he's told, like get dressed, eat breakfast, put his shoes on, etc etc. Everything is a constant battle of asking him to do someting 5 or 6 times, and even then he's got an answer for everything, it like he's 4 going on 14 :dohh:

We've tried reward charts, taking toys off him, no TV or DVDs, going to bed early, naught mat, but nothing will make him behave for us, I say us because he's good as gold for the childminder. :growlmad:

Now I'm thinking that maybe it's because I work all day Mon - Thurs and don't follow through with "if you don't do as mummy asks you'll be on the naughty mat" because my mornings are such a rush, and I don't like to keep on at him in the evenings as I have little time to split with him and DS2 as it is.

Anyone else got a LO who is/was just such a handful? What do/did you do?

My son is more of a handful than my 4 year old daughter but she's definetly 4 going on 16! The cheek and attitude I get from her is crazy, I do think your right though and you need to follow through.

The naughty step works really really well with my daughter, she gets a warning first and then I count to 3. If I get to 3 then she has to go and sit on the bottom step for 4 minutes. If she gets off then she goes straight back down and the 4 mins starts again. After that I'll go get her and ask her why she thinks she was put there, she always knows and says sorry. It hardly ever gets to the step as she stops on the countdown.

Another one is her bedtime story, she LOVES this one to one time with me so it's a big threat when I tell her she might lose it. x

One day, my daughter didn't want to put her shoes on...so she didn't get to wear them. She had to sit in the shopping cart the whole time because she had no shoes. Same with clothes...wore PJs to childcare..warn them first, of course, but, yup...usually only happens once here. I don't yell, or get mad....its a choice. Safety in mind, of course!

I also have a naughty 4 year old , Well he is good as gold at pre school and for his grandparents etc but for us he is a little bugger ! He doesnt do anything real bad its just a series of small things that over time build up . He is always messing with something he shouldnt , he pours out all the shampoo / shower gel / cleaning products etc . He has flooded the bathroom more than once , puts whole toilet rolls in the loo things ike that . I know they sound funny to read ut after a while these things really grate on you . His latest thing is a silly sarcky voice . answering back , calling everyone and everything stinky , saying bloody and just generally being defiant , he wont do anything without an argument. We have tried everything - ignoring him , taking things away , naughty step etc you name it we have tried it he takes his punishment at the time then will carry on being naughty . He doesnt seem to realise oh i did this last time and i lost my toys i better not do that again. He has also started to have bad tantrums if he doesnt get his own way , stamping screaming getting hysterical. When he is not being naughty he is lovely and caring and loving and very funny so its not all bad. People have said its because he is a middle child but he has always been a bit naughty before he was the middle child so i dont buy into that

I also have a naughty 4 year old , Well he is good as gold at pre school and for his grandparents etc but for us he is a little bugger ! He doesnt do anything real bad its just a series of small things that over time build up . He is always messing with something he shouldnt , he pours out all the shampoo / shower gel / cleaning products etc . He has flooded the bathroom more than once , puts whole toilet rolls in the loo things ike that . I know they sound funny to read ut after a while these things really grate on you . His latest thing is a silly sarcky voice . answering back , calling everyone and everything stinky , saying bloody and just generally being defiant , he wont do anything without an argument. We have tried everything - ignoring him , taking things away , naughty step etc you name it we have tried it he takes his punishment at the time then will carry on being naughty . He doesnt seem to realise oh i did this last time and i lost my toys i better not do that again. He has also started to have bad tantrums if he doesnt get his own way , stamping screaming getting hysterical. When he is not being naughty he is lovely and caring and loving and very funny so its not all bad. People have said its because he is a middle child but he has always been a bit naughty before he was the middle child so i dont buy into that

This is Lewis to an absolute T !!!!

We've instigated a daily sticker chart, again, when the 7 daily tasks have a star filled in he gets a ssmall choc treat the next day, also we've started taking TV and computer time off him as well as toys.

The 3 tasks he had to do before we leave the house in the morning, get up, have breakfast, get dressed (all without getting angry / screaming / moaning / crying) he failed miserably.........god knows what to do now!!!! :dohh:

we started a pocket money chart if he was good he gets pocket money thought when he saw that his brother got more money than him but no he doesnt care . tried stickers he doesnt care about them either . today has been a bad day , hubby came home to me in tears as i just dont know what to do with him . ( doesnt help its time of the month and ive had a few bits of sad news to deal with this week )hubby has just took loads of his fave toys and locked them in the shed and said he cant have them back till the weekend and if hes naughty they will stay there longer . I don't think it will have an affect but we will see. I hope he grows out of it soon :(

This is the time to be naughty, take it positively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->