4 years

Tacey

Reaction score
Now here's a thread I didn't expect to be posting a few years ago! :wacko:

Barring a couple of months where she 'weaned' then decided she'd changed her mind, we've been going 4 years now, and tandem nursing for 15 months. We're down to just once a day now (my choice). I've no idea if weaning is just around the corner, or if I'll be doing another post when she turns 5 :haha:.

Congrats! I thought I was going to tandem feed, but my oldest weaned a few months before three, the day my second boy was born. For some reason, he refused to nurse after that. I was somewhat surprised when my second boy weaned at only 16 months. He's never been as big a nurser as my first, but one day out of the blue he stopped completely. Curious to see how long this little girl will go. My friend is still tandem nursing her soon to be 5yr old and 3 yr old. She's a superwoman, not sure how she does it!

Great job! how did you do that? I just posted a thread about my supply suddenly dropping over the last week and boobs feeling really sore when LO sucks. No one replied yet but I just want to know from long term nursing moms - is that normal? It never happened before :shrug:

Great job! how did you do that? I just posted a thread about my supply suddenly dropping over the last week and boobs feeling really sore when LO sucks. No one replied yet but I just want to know from long term nursing moms - is that normal? It never happened before :shrug:

Have you got your period? I've only had 5 while nursing, but they were awful for my supply and for sensitivity. The other thing that did that to me was pregnancy. Alice dry nursed for most of it :wacko:. Oats were sometimes helpful for my supply, but there was a lot of gritting teeth. It was a big factor in my decision to limit the number and length of feeds, as I didn't want it to become something entirely negative for me.

Hope it improves for you soon. :hugs:

Congratulations Tacey! It's an amazing thing you've done/are doing for Alice and Arthur!

Thanks for insight - no period yet, not sure if preggo. Last week took a test and it was negative. Should I repeat? Was there difference between pregnancy and period when you were beastfeeding or pretty much the same symptoms?

Thanks for insight - no period yet, not sure if preggo. Last week took a test and it was negative. Should I repeat? Was there difference between pregnancy and period when you were beastfeeding or pretty much the same symptoms?

It could be period on the way. Have you had any crampy feelings? I had a good few months where I think my period nearly came. I got PMT and soreness monthly, but no actual bleeding. As for early pregnancy symptoms, they were very similar to my period. I constantly checked my underwear, as I was certain AF had arrived!

Wow!
Well done Mama.
I am finding pregnant nursing so painful. :(

That's admirable!
Have you posted about your experience anywhere? I'd love to know more about it, but can't do a search atm.

well done, William weaned when I was preg as it hurt me more last time but he will get some pumped milk. Alex still going and Myles. I never thought I would go at all never mind till 4 years.

That's admirable!
Have you posted about your experience anywhere? I'd love to know more about it, but can't do a search atm.

Not really! To be honest, it's not very interesting. I think most of the drama happens in the first few months, then it just carries on. Having said that, it was pretty awful in pregnancy. The only reason I didn't wean her is because the upset it would have cause was too much for me to manage when I was so tired. It got a lot better after Arthur was born, and here we are. Her latch is getting a bit dodgy now, which means she's not getting milk very efficiently, and it's sometimes uncomfortable for me. If so, I just count her down, and she doesn't argue. She still loves it, I'm not fussed either way, so I guess we'll carry on until one of those things changes!

William had some from me today and has lost most of his suck too.

Congratulations, that's amazing! My DD recently self-weaned at 40 months, so I don't think we'll ever get to 4 years.

I had wanted to continue bfing LO for a little longer then a year, but I just couldn't once I got pregnant :nope: hurt too much and I had such aversion from it, I felt it better for me to stop. So well done :)

Congrats Tacey!
(I wonder if i will get there -at 3 years 3 months we have suddenly started feeding somedays but not others with my eldest, my youngest still feeds frequently)
xx

Congratulations Tacey! That is awesome!

I'm happy we're approaching 2 years now, as that was my goal... but he will probably be one of those kids that does not want to wean til he is 4+... he ALWAYS wants to nurse lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juubee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->