40+3 but had my 1st at 39 weeks..

Cherry_bump

Mum and TTC
Reaction score
Has anyone else had their first baby quite early but gone over due with their 2nd?

I had my first at 38-2 and am still cooking number 2! I feel late even if my due date isn't until tomorrow! Every day feels like a week! Apparently there's no pattern of subsequent babies coming sooner though, they come faster but not sooner (but I'm sure no one told me that before 38 weeks, lol)

It's frustrating isn't it, everyone keeps saying you're only a few days over due but it feels like I've been pregnant forever now! My obstetrician said that cause I delivered my 1st early he was convinced I'd have this one early, but he was only 6lbs 9oz at my scan Friday (at 39+4) and my first was 7lbs 2 at 39 weeks so I wondered if it was cause he's a little smaller. Have you been having any signs?

Since I hit 37 weeks I've had family and friends constantly asking me if I've had the baby yet, I don't think anyone thought this one would be later than the first! My fundal height has been spot on or ahead until yesterday when it was a little bit behind so I'm assuming she needs a bit more time but I feel huge.

I've been slowly losing bits of my plug for about 2 weeks. I have loads of braxton hicks every day and have had false labour several times. On Sunday I started having contractions about 18:00 and they ended up coming every 2 mins and lasting 60 secs. They were really intense, I couldn't talk or walk during them. At 2:00 I took some paracetamol and went for a lie down. The contractions completely stopped!

It's so frustrating, I'm so ready to have this baby now!

What about you? Many signs?

I've also been loosing bits of my plug too for about 2 weeks now and been having false labour since 36 weeks, although this past week they seem to be getting a bit more painful each day. I have a stretch and sweep tomorrow, so hoping that works otherwise I'm being induced on Monday due to baby being slightly small at this stage.

Hope your little one doesn't keep you waiting too much longer! Good luck :) they'll probably come when we least expect it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->