40+5 and cervix unfavorable :-(

MollyNorwood

Mummy of 2 Girls
Reaction score
Just got back from my Dr appointment where she was going to do a stretch and sweep (hooray) but found my cervix to be far back and 'unfavorable'. So no stretch and sweep could be performed.
I am bummed not just because of that but also they booked my induction to start for the 31st December. Then she proceeded to tell me I have to share a labor suite with another lady so my DH cannot stay the night with me. Happy New F%$%^ Year to me :cry:
I am just hoping that I will go into labor myself before then but a little voice in the back of my head tells me it's not going to happen.
Pretty sad.

I know exactly how you feel, this is exactly what happened with my first baby, I was booked for induction too as twice the midwife tried to perform a sweep but my cervix wasn't favourable.

The day before I was due to go in for induction I went into labour. There is still every chance you will go into labour before the 31st.

Don't lose hope just yet, I know it's so frustrating :hugs:

Me too. I just got back from my Dr appointment where she tried to perform a sweep but cervix was too high and she couldnt do it. I am disappointed!
I am booked it again for 30th December to try again for another sweep. I dont understand why its like this second time round. First time labour I went naturally (no sweep or anything) and she arrived 3 days early and this time I am due today and absolutely no chance of him coming today. I thought second babies are meant to come sooner! Ive been eating curry and boucing on my ball, Ive done everything the same as with my last pregnancy. In fact, I have been MORE active this time round than last time so I just dont understand :shrug:

I hope we go into labour ourselves. Good luck with everything. :hugs:

Thanks everyone :)
Trying to stay positive and hang on to the hope that I will be like you Mummytobe- go into labor prior to induction :D Fingers are glued crossed! lol

I will have to be induced Friday if I don't go into labour on my own before then. My Midwife has tried three times to do a sweep with no success. The last time she tried was yesterday at 9 days overdue. She said I am about 40% effaced. Cervix was soft but not ready to dilate. Hoping to go into labour before 42 weeks but feel like it's never going to happen. Hope we all have a pleasant surprise and these babies come before induction day!

I'l keep everything crossed for you too Jenkb! I went for a walk then bounced on the gym ball for over an hour last night but it's now 2.30am and not even a twinge! Gah!
In other news- Merry Christmas everyone! :)
Today I turn the 'dirty 30'... here I was thinking I'd have bubs here with me to celebrate :p

Happy birthday Molly! Try to have faith that everything will unfold as it should.

Beyond that- I know they want to schedule you and put you in a room with someone else... But, can you just say no? Just refuse?? I know that might make you seem like a PITA, but you want what you want. IMO you should have what you want.

Thanks Monzter!
I was wondering the same thing but I don't know if that can be changed now they booked it all in. I will call the maternity ward tomorrow and ask if they can change the date a day either way so I can possibly have a room to myself, TBH I dont care so much that hubs can stay the whole night I just hate the idea of sharing with another lady.
I mean, what if the cervix softener works so well that I (or she) go into labor that night? Surely her or I would be moved into another room then anyway? Sure as hell ain't laboring in the same room as someone else!!

I wouldn't want to labor in a room like that either. It just seems so counter-intuitive to me! Also, to be without my partner or loved one?? It seems cruel!

I've read so many stories from women who have gone into labour following being told their cervix is this that and the other. Even one of the midwives I've seen has said cervical checks aren't to be too heavily relied on. I've also read stories of women who are directed 2cm odd and still stay pregnant for weeks afterwards. Don't take it to heart :) doesn't mean squat.

I have 5 more nights left before I am due in for induction, I am still going for walks, keeping active etc so hopefully thats enough time for my cervix to soften up nicely!
I called the midwives at the hospital about sharing a room but apparently that is how they do it in the public sector here which I had no idea about, but its only for the one night when they put the cervidill tape to ripen me up. The next day is when they will start me on the drip to get contractions going and I'd be taken into a birthing room for that apparently.
The Dr's at that hospital really need a lesson in explaining things to women especially 1st time mums, I really was very confused and upset. Im ok now though lol.
The midwife suggested to have lots of sex between now and Wed as supposedly some compound in the cervidil tape is also found in semen- but the cervix has to stay drenched in semen to possibly help. My husband was pretty happy to hear that, so we are going to DTD until Tues night. haha

I have 6 more nights left before I am due in for induction, I am still going for walks, keeping active etc so hopefully thats enough time for my cervix to soften up nicely!
I called the midwives at the hospital about sharing a room but apparently that is how they do it in the public sector here which I had no idea about, but its only for the one night when they put the cervidill tape to ripen me up. The next day is when they will start me on the drip to get contractions going and I'd be taken into a birthing room for that apparently.
The Dr's at that hospital really need a lesson in explaining things to women especially 1st time mums, I really was very confused and upset. Im ok now though lol.
The midwife suggested to have lots of sex between now and Wed as supposedly some compound in the cervidil tape is also found in semen- but the cervix has to stay drenched in semen to possibly help. My husband was pretty happy to hear that, so we are going to DTD until Tues night. haha

You still have time honey, hang on in there :hugs:

I agree with the sex...lots of it too! Fx'd you can escape induction!

Thanks Mummytobe I woke up again today with no sign of labor, that leaves 4 more nights! :O
Come on baby!!! :D

If you don't want to be induced can't you just ask for management? Worrying about a deadline might prevent you going into labour, you need to be relaxed :) maybe if you ask for management and then choose to be induced on a date of your choice (if that's what you want to do) it might take the pressure off and things might move along?

I'm meeting the consultant Monday to discuss monitoring as I don't want to be induced either. They give extra ultrasound and check the placenta etc etc. I've read all the guidelines and research and there's little evidence to suggest induction just for being overdue is going to be any better for you or baby. There's no evidence to suggest placenta will fail etc. Most risk of going over are in already high risk pregnancies. Just something to think about :D

With any luck we will pop soon lol. I'm like you though, can't feel it, I feel just fine!! Not a hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->