40 Weeks of Hell???

DogFaceKiller

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get it. This pregnoid creature has unleashed a world of stress onto me. Ever since my wife told me we were pregnant, I can't sleep, barely want to eat and I'm aggravated 24/7. I'm so worried about her and the baby. I think everything will harm her and the baby. It has totally consumed my conscious thoughts. I don't even know how I'm able to explain this here. I already went through a pregnancy with my ex-gf but that was over 18 years ago. I don't ever remember going through anything like this.

Well, I was just wanting to know if any other dads to be experienced such over-obsessing with the pregnancy, and if so, how and were you able to cope with this? Please, I'm thinking about checking myself into an institution.

This is SO sweet! It's nice to know that there are dads-to-be that really care as much as we do :) Unfortunately, I don't have much advice for you! It's a crazy and exciting experience! You just have to let things happen as they will... that's what helps us! And welcome!

It's nice to hear that you are so concerned. My husband falls into this category as well! I'm assuming that your wife is looking after herself appropriately? I mean no drugs, smoking and such and getting prenatal care? Beyond that there really isn't anything to be done. Remember that women have been having healthy babies for centuries. Our bodies are designed to do this. Exercise, variation in appetite, more or less sleep, sex...none of this hurts the baby at all :)

You will be the most help to your wife if you find a way to relax and enjoy the pregnancy with her. If you need to maybe see your doctor and ask for a medication to control anxiety for the times when you are really feeling it.
How far along is she? Once you see/hear a heartbeat the chances of anything going seriously wrong are very low.

Maybe my story will help....
During my pregnancy I was very concerned about my vitamins and nutrition. I had terrible heartburn though and I HAD to take some antacids. I would keep track of how many I took and take as few as possible. Well fast forward a few months and at the beginning of my third trimester I was diagnosed with breast cancer (NOT CAUSED BY THE PREGNANCY!). My whole third trimester I was doing chemotherapy infusions every few weeks and had to go on a Rx medication for acid reflux. I was terrified for my baby. She was born totally healthy and is now a smart, fun, healthy, normal 3 year old. Our bodies are amazing and can handle so much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->