40w1d membrane sweep amniotic sac tight on baby

AsheBro

Ethan and bumps mommy
Reaction score
My due date was yesterday, I've been trying to be patient about my labor starting however its not easy lmao. My MIL is a L&D nurse and I asked her to do a membrane sweep for me as my doctor is very against any kind of intervention until 100% nessecary. She did one a few hours ago and said that I was a 2 but stretched me to a 3 80% effaced and did the sweep. She was also shocked at how close baby was and made the comment "Oh her head is right there!" when she checked me. She said the waters were tight around baby's head and she was really far down but I'm not sure what she meant by the amniotic sac being really tight around her head, does that mean it's more likely to pop? Is that a good thing as far as labor coming soon? I tried to google it and didn't find anything, also is there a better chance that my membrane sweep will work because I'm already past my due date? Has anyone had a sweep this late and gone into labor pretty quickly after? I've had some cramps and tightening but nothing that I haven't been having since about 36 weeks. Fingers crossed this works, my OB told me if she isn't here by my next visit (next tuesday) they'll set a date sometime next week to induce but I'd rather go on my own and have her here sooner. x)

When I had my sweep my waters broke 2 days later I believe. His head was also right there so I hope it happens very soon for you.

No advice but hope it happens soon for you. Clary sage essential oil is meant to help with contractions. You can mix it with milk and put in the bath or rub directly on your tummy with a carrier oil. Good luck x

Thank you! Still pregnant with not much change since yesterday, kinda feeling bummed and like my body isn't cooperating with me. I feel like it's forgotten I'm pregnant and that baby needs to come out. D: Trying to relax and not stress too much because I know stress can stall things.

It can for sure! Do you have a yoga ball that you can bounce on? Those are amazing and I swear thats what helped with DS#1. I bounced on it for an hour and then my waters went about 20 minutes later when I was grocery shopping. Lol, I made DH finish before we left. GL and I hope you go into labor soon.

Hopefully you have baby soon if not already but with my two week old I had a sweep the day before at 3pm, very sporadic pains at 9pm then she was born 6:39am the next morning.

I was 8 days over when I had my sweep x

That's how my first was.. doctor said he could see his head.

Got a sweep.. membranes ruptured the next morning and I ended up on pitocin. I don't want another sweep, that's for sure. I just didn't like it at all.

Hopefully baby comes soon for you! Sounds like you're getting close!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->