41, perimenopause and ttc

M

momof5wants1

I did an evaluation that said I am well into perimenopause. My period used to be 3 days of medium, heavy, light and this cycle I only used 4 pads in 3 days. I really don't think it will happen for me. :cry:

I feel your pain, I'm not far off 39 and have never been even a little bit pregnant so feeling a bit the same. But then I read all about these miracle stories of women that do succeed against all the odds so you just never know? Chin up, make sure you're giving yourself the best chance. Cut out all the bad stuff like caffeine and alcohol which just in my view poisons the body and can't help? Get yourself into shape and hopefully pregnancy will just happen for you. Oh try the preseed or equivalent lubricants out thxere too they seem to help a lot of women. Here's hoping for you (and me!) :)

nope, costs too much and atm dh is out of work. He's doing some side work just to pay the bills while he searches for a real job

I hate that I don't live in a state where ivf is covered! That's bull****. I hope it will be covered in every state one day. What about IUI? Its less expensive. Or, you could at least give clomid a try.
I wish you the best of luck.

It might just happen still! Good luck!
I am not sure about how/when IVF should be covered. Obviously for a young woman without any kid of her own it should. But should IVF be covered for someone like me, with 2 kids already, and in my late 30's? Much less obvious and personally, I think it shouldn't: The high cost of IVF, the higher risk and therefore higher cost pregnancies that can result (especially in older women; or in the case of multiples) - a disaster for the already out of control health care costs. It also sets the wrong incentives, encouraging women to wait longer and longer to TTC...

Good point. I guess I just want everything to be free. Especially living in this damn expensive world!!!

I don't have the option of using clomid due to family history of high blood pressure and blood clots. So I just play the :sex: and wait game.

Have you ever read about maya massage or castor oil packs? I had a maya massage by a massage therapist that trained in maya massage and it was kind of weird but kind of cool. I never had her do it again; she gave me the paperwork on how to do it at home with oil in the morning and evening and only before O and not during AF. I read all about the history of the massage and what it can potentially do for fertility. It just seemed so strange to feel the borders of the uterus and massage it myself, it felt unnatural. idk. I think I may try it again. But I do the castor oil packs and I swear it helps w/ endo. Also, what about acupuncture or chinese herbs for fertility. I am doing both.

Have you ever read about maya massage or castor oil packs? I had a maya massage by a massage therapist that trained in maya massage and it was kind of weird but kind of cool. I never had her do it again; she gave me the paperwork on how to do it at home with oil in the morning and evening and only before O and not during AF. I read all about the history of the massage and what it can potentially do for fertility. It just seemed so strange to feel the borders of the uterus and massage it myself, it felt unnatural. idk. I think I may try it again. But I do the castor oil packs and I swear it helps w/ endo. Also, what about acupuncture or chinese herbs for fertility. I am doing both.

I want to try the acupuncture, but until dh gets a better paying job the bills are more important. I would love to do it for stopping smoking as well as fertility. Guess I will just play the same game and see. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->